GCSE History A edexcel- Cold War Watch

Olivia197
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
Is anyone doing this exam? I am really worried about it and it is this Friday, does anyone have any predictions and any advice, thank you!
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Olivia197)
Hello,
Is anyone doing this exam? I am really worried about it and it is this Friday, does anyone have any predictions and any advice, thank you!
Hey, what's worrying you about the exam exactly? :hugs:
Olivia197
Rep:
?
I think it's just that I am panicking about getting all the dates right and actually talking about the right thing- we have only finished the syllabus last week as we are doing it a year early!
omarharoun3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
that is it means its still fresh in your head... you should do well
Olivia197
Rep:
?
(Original post by omarharoun3)
that is it means its still fresh in your head... you should do well
Oh thank you!
omarharoun3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how did it go?
Teya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by omarharoun3)
how did it go?
had a major panic.. that was not too good :eek:
khand106
Report 4 years ago
Could someone post brief answers to the questions if any1 can remember. THNX
omarharoun3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what section were you doing
LouiseDB42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well that's one exam down, two more to go! Tbh I was quite happy with that, I did sections 4/5/6, but considering the amount of time I spent revising for this one I would have been gutted beyond belief if it had been a car crash!?
F1Fan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did Section 4,5 and 6. Thought I smashed it!
LouiseDB42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done!? What other unit are you doing? I've got my nazi Germany exam next Friday, not sure whether it will be quite so successful as today...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smithh98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just did the exam today aswell, got nazi germany on friday - and am kinda nervous for it.

My biggest downfall was the 12 mark question on czechoslovakia in section 5, but did alright in everythin else - i hope...
LouiseDB42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Smithh98)
I just did the exam today aswell, got nazi germany on friday - and am kinda nervous for it.

My biggest downfall was the 12 mark question on czechoslovakia in section 5, but did alright in everythin else - i hope...
I'm doing my nazi revision now actually, it's the exam timings that worry me... :L I didn't mind that 12 marker too much, luckily I practised one incredibly similar only yesterday!?
Smithh98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LouiseDB42)
I'm doing my nazi revision now actually, it's the exam timings that worry me... :L I didn't mind that 12 marker too much, luckily I practised one incredibly similar only yesterday!?
What about the last 12 mark question - the one on the second cold war from 1979-85?

I put about:
Afghanistan, Evil Empire speech and SDI
Olivia197
Rep:
?
What about the last 12 mark question - the one on the second cold war from 1979-85?

I put about:
That sounds really good- I ended up writing about Afghanistan, Evil Empire Speech and the end of détente (SALT11 and the Olympic Boycotts)- I don't know if this was right!
LouiseDB42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I put about:
Yup, same for me! Except I included a paragraph on the olympic boycotts as well. I liked that question!
Olivia197
Rep:
?

I think I waffled on a bit on this one but hopefully it wasn't too bad! What did you do for section 4? Thanks!
Transformer_747
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I put about:
I talked about that as well, but I also talked about the carter doctrine and Olympic boycotts
Smithh98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Olivia197)
I think I waffled on a bit on this one but hopefully it wasn't too bad! What did you do for section 4? Thanks!
Section 4 wasn't bad:
1st question on comecon wasn't bad - i put that it was opposite of marshall aid.

2nd question i cant remember but i think i did alright.

The 3rd qustion was quite good in my opinion. I wrote about the atomic bomb being dropped, the secret telegrams and the truman doctrine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (113)
46.12%
Pro-humanity (132)
53.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise