Good webcam / security camera that's controllable over the internet? Watch

thisistheend
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm going to be going on a trip in the summer for a while and I was thinking of setting up webcams in my room to record when noise / movement is triggered. However, I would also like the webcam to be motorised so I can controll it over the internet to tell it to turn, tilt etc. A camera that's not motorised but a tripod that's motorised will also do fine, but it has to be controllable over the internet through software.

Anyone know something that will fit my needs? Budget say £100?
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What you're probably looking for are IP Cameras, They're cameras which just have a network connection and power (sometimes also using POE where power is sent over the network connection meaning you only need a single wire to te camera). Some of these IP Cameras include motors allowing pan/tilt/zoom etc.
AdampskiB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've seen many Raspberry Pi projects where they've created home surveillance camera, accessible via the web. The budget would match perfect, as all you'll need is the board and a compatible camera. However, you'll also need to do some fair reading in order to connect and configure. I also doubt you'll get all the features you desire (motor/tilt).

Depends how much of a technologist you are I guess, but for a quick solution then I often see eBuyer selling many IP cameras with features that you require for a reasonable price.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1015)
79.11%
Leave (268)
20.89%

Watched Threads