The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology Core Studies G542 May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sky98.7
No one?

I think it was Thigpen and Cleckley, Dement and kleitman REM NREM sleep and dream study and the last one I cant remember..

I am resitting this exam btw.
Reply 81
Original post by AyeshaAK
I think it was Thigpen and Cleckley, Dement and kleitman REM NREM sleep and dream study and the last one I cant remember..

I am resitting this exam btw.

Thank you and good luck with your resit!:smile:
Reply 82
Hi guys, was just wondering if any of you could let me know if the June 2014 Section C for this exam was very different to how it was previously ? And if you have any other tips/info that would be great as I'm sitting this exam in a month today! Thanks!
Original post by ad222
Hi guys, was just wondering if any of you could let me know if the June 2014 Section C for this exam was very different to how it was previously ? And if you have any other tips/info that would be great as I'm sitting this exam in a month today! Thanks!

I am resitting this exam. The paper last year was on cognitive approach and behavioural. Doubt they will come up this year :smile: Have you made a list of previous approaches that have appeared on the Section C? We can communicate through this thread or anywhere else if you like!
Original post by ad222

They made a slight change to the 12 marker. Instead of simply 'discuss strengths and weaknesses of the approach' it was 'discuss strengths and weaknesses of laboratory experiments. Support your discussion with evidence from any studies that take the approach'.

This year they may decide to to case studies, field experiments, quasi etc...
Just be sure to read the question because a lot of people didn't and they got caught out (they were expecting the same question that had been used for all the exams before.)
Original post by Claros
They made a slight change to the 12 marker. Instead of simply 'discuss strengths and weaknesses of the approach' it was 'discuss strengths and weaknesses of laboratory experiments. Support your discussion with evidence from any studies that take the approach'.

This year they may decide to to case studies, field experiments, quasi etc...
Just be sure to read the question because a lot of people didn't and they got caught out (they were expecting the same question that had been used for all the exams before.)

Yeah I remember when I saw that question, I just felt that the world was going under.. :frown: Didn't know what to write and that's probably where I lost a lot of marks!

Yeah I agree Section C will definitely be worded in another way as you've stated :smile:
Original post by AyeshaAK
Yeah I remember when I saw that question, I just felt that the world was going under.. :frown: Didn't know what to write and that's probably where I lost a lot of marks!

Yeah I agree Section C will definitely be worded in another way as you've stated :smile:

I had a little panic too because some of the points I had prepared could no longer apply to this question (I did the cognitive approach and so had to scrap Savage-Rumbaugh!) so I had to quickly come up with some different ones. Luckily I don't think it affected my overall mark too much, but this is just a warning to other people taking this exam who may be expecting the same thing they've done for years before.
Reply 87
Thanks both of you! For Psychological Investigations do you guys remember which research method didn't come up? And also if they worded any of the questions a little differently or did the structure a little differently? Still don't know why the OCR website haven't got the June 2014 papers for Psychology:s-smilie:
Reply 88
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/177785-examiners-report-june.pdf

Correlation didn't come up. And no,I don't think they changed anything:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest