GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

MiddleOffice
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shivani210598)
my teacher said that it will probably be abt 50% for an A... (30/60)
Don't mean to boast but if that's the case I think I have at least an A then because that's quite low
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TomAyy)
I may be wrong but I said that as the intensity was the same, the amount of photons was also the same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought this but the question said calculate so I thought it couldn't be that easy and basically worked out the wavelength
-jordan-
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olamide1)
aww ahaha,

what did you put for the computer and Terabyte question?
I compared the data between the old photo and the new photo, and said that more pixels are in the new photos as the equipment produces better quality images. Storing more pixels required more disk space, so computers are provided with more space as there is a higher demand.
Jupers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
I did what you did, but it's wrong

I spoke a lot about light pollution and the Earth absorbing the radiation so we get a lot of inaccurate results. Then I said that we have telescopes in space to avoid it etc, spoke about accuracy/precision and reliability being better since they're outside. Then I spoke about them being able to make more specific scientific predictions. No idea if it's right.
I said that too, then I wrote about red shift I think and telescopes in space being able to collect different things (XMM collects x-rays, infrared telescopes etc). It seemed way too P7-y in my opinion...
Sulfur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Jupers)
I said that asteroids are rocks that orbit the sun! I put comets are ice and rock so I might pick up a mark
Definitely one mark, maybe two but I was skeptical because the question said difference(s), so you could get full marks since it was only worth two. I think that you would.
MiddleOffice
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -jordan-)
I compared the data between the old photo and the new photo, and said that more pixels are in the new photos as the equipment produces better quality images. Storing more pixels required more disk space, so computers are provided with more space as there is a higher demand.
I honestly didn't know what to write I thought it'd be too obvious, some people were saying you have to include digital and analogue in there as well?
-sophia-
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
aww ahaha,

what did you put for the computer and Terabyte question?
I have no idea hahaha its all a blur now!
shivani210598
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An A* for P123 has been between 36-39, so I'm guessing it'll be lower this year.
oh my days! all I want is an A... my stupid coursework is bringing me down so I need a pretty good A on each exam to secure it....Stupid Gove :'(
Jupers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I honestly didn't know what to write I thought it'd be too obvious, some people were saying you have to include digital and analogue in there as well?
Nothing to do with analogue I think. Analogue doesn't work on computers. I think you had to mention the fact that we're now downloading music and better quality photos, taking more photos etc stuff... Don't know if there's science to it
shivani210598
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't mean to boast but if that's the case I think I have at least an A then because that's quite low
I thought I would get an A too since they are so low.. but that exam just killed it.. WHAT ON EARTH IS A CONSTANT? AND WHEN DID WE LEARN THAT?
-jordan-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Analog cameras produce photos using chemicals I believe. There is no way it could have been stored in digital memory unless it had been scanned in, which is information you are not given. I assumed because you were told the old photo took up 0.2MB of space, it must have been a digital photo, but taken on a much lower resolution camera.
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I said that too, then I wrote about red shift I think and telescopes in space being able to collect different things (XMM collects x-rays, infrared telescopes etc). It seemed way too P7-y in my opinion...
My answer was a mix of your 2s ones (bad English :s ) I basically talked about light pollution and light from outer space being absorbed being problems we've overcome by having the Hubble telescope outside of earth and also we can observe the universe through red shift and parallax and just looking at stars brightness'
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Nothing to do with analogue I think. Analogue doesn't work on computers. I think you had to mention the fact that we're now downloading music and better quality photos, taking more photos etc stuff... Don't know if there's science to it
That's what I put. There was no science to it whatsoever.
-sophia-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did what you did, but it's wrong

I spoke a lot about light pollution and the Earth absorbing the radiation so we get a lot of inaccurate results. Then I said that we have telescopes in space to avoid it etc, spoke about accuracy/precision and reliability being better since they're outside. Then I spoke about them being able to make more specific scientific predictions. No idea if it's right.
I wrote about measuring distance with Relative Brightness and its inaccuracies because of light variations and then went on to say about how parallax was a newer and more accurate method of measuring distance? Then i wrote something about Hubbles Law for the speed in which galaxies travel
-jordan-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What did people put for the earth structure and the curve? I said that it shows S-waves move at right angles, and that the outer core must be liquid? I have no idea why though, just a guess!
Basim97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't so bad today! Utter bull****. Hat would you say I would get overall ? 51/64 or course work which is 25% A. Say 35/60 for b123. 25/60 for c123 and 17/60 for p123. Panicking now literature tomorrow b
shivani210598
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Am I the only person procrastinating on TSR when I have more exams this week :/
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought I would get an A too since they are so low.. but that exam just killed it.. WHAT ON EARTH IS A CONSTANT? AND WHEN DID WE LEARN THAT?
Irk! These core topics have been allot of on the spot math and logic for this physics and data handling for biology and chemistry, they've not been at all like past papers :/ I thought I could get an A* and now I'm scared...
Hariex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -sophia-)
I wrote about measuring distance with Relative Brightness and its inaccuracies because of light variations and then went on to say about how parallax was a newer and more accurate method of measuring distance? Then i wrote something about Hubbles Law for the speed in which galaxies travel
Hmm, I wrote about how observations were inaccurate because of light pollution and the absorption of light from the atmosphere. To solve this, telescopes could be placed outside of the atmosphere or on top of mountain ranges.

Then, about the part of changing our understand of the universe, I wrote about how the distances and speeds of redshift and distant objects point us to the Big Bang theory and the fate of the universe.
-sophia-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Am I the only person procrastinating on TSR when I have more exams this week :/
No, i should be doing english!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%