GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

superdarklord
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olmyster911)
You should've taken RE and then you wouldn't be in this predicament
It's a compulsory half course and my life is bad enough D: we don't even get re as a choice, it's called philosophy and ethics. God knows why though (no pun intended ) because it is RE there's no philosophy or ethics in it at all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sulfur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)

I'm thinking average, 38-41 A* 32A 27B 20c
(Original post by Pandorax)
What is it out of again? I think they will be quite low
No, they're out of 60. The coursework is out of 64.
KJC79
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm really starting to doubt how I did on that paper now. I'm confident about the 6 markers but, don't think I have done well on the ticky boxes questions. I didn't know what to tick for the water vapour, synapses or photosynthesis one. For the heart rating and lactic acid question I only ticked one box the one about other people doing it (because it was one mark) but, now I think that I should have ticked two, her repeating it as well.
HappyHylian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KJC79)
I'm really starting to doubt how I did on that paper now. I'm confident about the 6 markers but, don't think I have done well on the ticky boxes questions. I didn't know what to tick for the water vapour, synapses or photosynthesis one. For the heart rating and lactic acid question I only ticked one box the one about other people doing it (because it was one mark) but, now I think that I should have ticked two, her repeating it as well.
It said "Tick the BEST answer". Meaning you only needed to tick one, I ticked that she should have repeated it herself.
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by KJC79)
I'm pretty sure that the lactic acid/heart rate pages only asked for one tick in the box.
KJC79
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
I'm pretty sure that the lactic acid/heart rate pages only asked for one tick in the box.

OH PHEW, which one did you tick?
cupcakes16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do now. Just forget about that exam and concentrate on any other exams (if you have any other exams).
cupcakes16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What was the last question on squirells about?
Was it on involuntary responses???
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by KJC79)
OH PHEW, which one did you tick?
Other people (bottom).
HappyHylian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cupcakes16)
Yup. :3 Some people said it was about conditioned reflexes, but I'm pretty sure it wan't. It said the response was RAPID and that word made me automatically think they were talking about the reflex arc and the involuntary responses.
KJC79
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cupcakes16)
I think there was two parts to the question. What was the squirrels response (meaning talk about the reflex arc then say that the response was for it to run to safety) then, the second part was to say what it happened so quickly ( involuntary+ it doesn't have to go to the brain and back).

That's what I put anyway
KJC79
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Other people (bottom).
Me too! Can you remember any of the other ticky box questions and what to put for them? I need reassurance here... I always doubt myself.
cupcakes16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's exactly what I put
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
How many marks does everyone think they got?
I really don't want to say aha. But in worst case scenario( taking marks away from questions I'm not completely sure on) then 42.
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by KJC79)
Me too! Can you remember any of the other ticky box questions and what to put for them? I need reassurance here... I always doubt myself.
First one I put stomata, root hair cell and photosynthesis in day
Ethics I said kills embryos, could become humans

Can't remember anymore - can you?
cupcakes16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please can someone let me know how many marks I would get if I understood every question apart from the two maths-based questions and the tick box question (about root hair cell, stomata etc...)?
olmyster911
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by superdarklord)
It's a compulsory half course and my life is bad enough D: we don't even get re as a choice, it's called philosophy and ethics. God knows why though (no pun intended ) because it is RE there's no philosophy or ethics in it at all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure the pun was intended
I've never even heard of that course..My advice would be to focus on science because, let's be honest, phil/eth isn't going to wow the employers/unis like science
peacefully_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone help me out with revision with c5 and c6 for Chemistry - I am so confused with all the word equations etc ?!!
KJC79
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First one I put stomata, root hair cell and photosynthesis in day
Ethics I said kills embryos, could become humans

Can't remember anymore - can you?
For the one about condition behavior I put a C in the second box and the one about clowns.

For the one about what using embryos is unethical I said they are living things and they have the potential to develop into human beings.

Quite a lot of people put the answer in a ratio for one of them, 1:19.2 but, I thought that it said:

ratio = type a/ type b

So I thought that by using the equation that would give you the ratio... I just put 19.2 KJ and thought that the second mark was awarded for putting the unit of measurement. :confused:
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, they're out of 60. The coursework is out of 64.
Oh, sorry, you're right!

If I made mistakes like that in the exam...:eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.14%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%