GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olmyster911)
How can you not be worried :eek:

The C123 was the best of the 3 sciences in my opinion. Straightforward and exactly what I'd revised - unlike the biology one
Which was your best 123?
Me too, by far as well and c7 is my favourite 7 but my c/a is at borderline A* at 56 so if it is an A* I can afford to scoff up a little on this exam and I know the important disobedience parts well for already but still need to learn the little nuances of it all
Did you find biology the worst then? I hated physics personally. It was the worst exam I have taken this exam season

How are your c/as and what grade you hoping?
KJC79
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
Ah sorry:

A = 320 UMS
320 - 89 = 231
231/3 = 77 UMS per unit on average (=> high Bs)

Worst case scenario: Mid As (85 UMS)
2x85 = 170
231 - 170 = 61 UMS (You'll need a low C in P456)

Best case scenario: High As (88 UMS)
2x88 = 176
231 - 176 = 55 UMS (You'll need a mid D in P456)

Looks good to me!
Thank you very much, I think I could get a C in P456 as isn't that 15-20 marks and I counted up that I got 26/60 marks (which I still feel is a really bad mark)
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gonna flop this physics exam so bad. Hopefully got an A* for the first exam, I have an A* for the CA and maybe an A* for P7. Expecting a low A for this exam..hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
superdarklord
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm worried for che'mystery'

Posted from TSR Mobile
olmyster911
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Me too, by far as well and c7 is my favourite 7 but my c/a is at borderline A* at 56 so if it is an A* I can afford to scoff up a little on this exam and I know the important disobedience parts well for already but still need to learn the little nuances of it all
Did you find biology the worst then? I hated physics personally. It was the worst exam I have taken this exam season

How are your c/as and what grade you hoping?
C7 is my favourite 7 too! It's not easy but it's by far the most enjoyable of the three. Yeah I did find bio the worst 'cause nothing I'd revised was on there and there seemed to be very little science in it. The physics was bad too, but I expected that

My chem c/a was 59 I think, and the other 2 were A*'s too so I guess I'm slightly safer than some!
superdarklord
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LordMoonNinja)
:ditto:focussing on the 7s after 456s :') we have some time between each exam-that will save my life :yy:
M8

Posted from TSR Mobile
JemmaN123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what are the grade boundaries for additional science b3,c3,p3 normally? As i did a past paper earlier and got 36/75:/ my coursework is a A. so with that and my coursework what would the grade be?
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know what mark was full ums for physics c/a last year and if that can compensate for say a B in one of the 3 exams and the rest A* or like what grade would A*AB for exams and full ums c/a be?
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
C7 is my favourite 7 too! It's not easy but it's by far the most enjoyable of the three. Yeah I did find bio the worst 'cause nothing I'd revised was on there and there seemed to be very little science in it. The physics was bad too, but I expected that

My chem c/a was 59 I think, and the other 2 were A*'s too so I guess I'm slightly safer than some!
Mmhhmm! It all feels liked solid science without the over your head physics feel but physics actually ain't to bad a p7 yep, I completely agree, it felt so weird compared to past papers :yep: ha, true, I think I just underestimated the exam *hangs head in shame*

Same, basically-chem borderline though .you taking science at A level then?
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mmhhmm! It all feels liked solid science without the over your head physics feel but physics actually ain't to bad a p7 yep, I completely agree, it felt so weird compared to past papers :yep: ha, true, I think I just underestimated the exam *hangs head in shame*

Same, basically-chem borderline though .you taking science at A level then?
I hate physics throughout The fact that physics incorporates maths makes me hate it most.

Maybe they'll mod it up a mark?
I'm planning to take bio & chem. My chem teacher told me it's the hardest A level which kinda put me off. You?
superdarklord
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hate physics throughout The fact that physics incorporates maths makes me hate it most.

I'm planning to take bio & chem. My chem teacher told me it's the hardest A level which kinda put me off. You?
I'm taking chem at A level too D: also chose bio but I pretty much wanna swap it to physics.

No idea why I'm taking Chemistry it just seems like it's going to be sooo difficult and I'm terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by superdarklord)
I'm taking chem at A level too D: also chose bio but I pretty much wanna swap it to physics.

No idea why I'm taking Chemistry it just seems like it's going to be sooo difficult and I'm terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Cause chem is the shizz
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Haha, yeah that's pretty annoying

'Mod it up'?
Medicine? Sounds good though, and yeah, everyone says it's really hard, I only know one person whose enjoying it and she's really passionate about it that's a really motivational teacher :rolleyes: but I could see it being so all 3 probably, either that or just chemistry :/ I really have no idea
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, yeah that's pretty annoying

'Mod it up'?
Medicine? Sounds good though, and yeah, everyone says it's really hard, I only know one person whose enjoying it and she's really passionate about it that's a really motivational teacher :rolleyes: but I could see it being so all 3 probably, either that or just chemistry :/ I really have no idea
If your work was sent off for moderation maybe it'll be given more marks.

Yes, medicine I don't know if it's possible to be really passionate about chemistry xD I wouldn't recommend physics unless you're really into maths; my physics teacher says it's highly maths based at A level
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
C456 papers have been nice in the past, so I'm expecting quite a mean one on Tuesday...
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
C456 papers have been nice in the past, so I'm expecting quite a mean one on Tuesday...
Thanks for the peace of mind :cool:
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for the peace of mind :cool:
:devil3::evil::devil:
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone explain to me why carbon atoms in diamond have 4 covalent bonds? I don't understand how the diagram shows 4 covalent bonds :confused:
tigergirl8282
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone explain to me why carbon atoms in diamond have 4 covalent bonds? I don't understand how the diagram shows 4 covalent bonds :confused:
Each carbon atom in diamond is covalently bonded to four other carbon atoms, and you might not see 4 in the diagram because it's in 3D
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really don't know if I got an A* in C1,2,3. So I need to do well in this one, but I'm dreading it 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.75%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.64%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.63%
No, I am unable to (140)
23.1%
No, I chose not to (175)
28.88%