GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

Sulfur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by DDan123)
I'm pretty sure that the 6 marker explicitly emphasised a "rapid response" which is characteristic for reflex responses, so you talk about the reflex arc.
Btw, am I the actually the only one who doesn't loathe P5
So I was correct to link the sensory neurone to the CNS (brain) and then the relay to spinal cord and then motor to effector? YES!
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olmyster911)
What are you, satan?
Lol then again I do gcse electronics, so it should be my strong point(I hope )
azo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
So I was correct to link the sensory neurone to the CNS (brain) and then the relay to spinal cord and then motor to effector?
Reflexes don't go through the CNS I don't think? I think you will have got 4 or 5 marks but I think it as:

stimuli-----------Receptor----Sensory neurone-----relay neuron----------motor neurone---------effector-----------response
monisj1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just finished p4 and p5 one just p6 to do gonna fail
olmyster911
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol then again I do gcse electronics, so it should be my strong point(I hope )
It's hard for me to comprehend why anyone would willingly do GCSE electronics xD
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by azo)
Reflexes don't go through the CNS I don't think? I think you will have got 4 or 5 marks but I think it as:

stimuli-----------Receptor----Sensory neurone-----relay neuron----------motor neurone---------effector-----------response
The question was:

"Animals respond to changes in their environment. A predator appears and causes a rapid response in a squirrel. Suggest what this response might be. Describe the processes that occur in the squirrel to cause this rapid response."
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's hard for me to comprehend why anyone would willingly do GCSE electronics xD
Aha electricity and circuits isn't that bad! You actually get used to all the terminology and how they work e.g current, resistance, p.d, resistors, motors etc. Or maybe it's just me?
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by azo)

Relay neuron is within the cns, so they technically do, I made the mistake of differentiating the 2 in the exam :rolleyes:
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'M STILL ON P5 hahaha
Hah, at least you'll know it well it really is badly explained to be honestbecause the science is trickier :/ I'm just gonna have to do loads of practice with it :/
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aha electricity and circuits isn't that bad! You actually get used to all the terminology and how they work e.g current, resistance, p.d, resistors, motors etc. Or maybe it's just me?
It's just you!
User1452521
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone done the January 2013 physics paper? It's so ****ing stupid the questions make no ****ing sense whatsoever! Every physics exam tries to **** you over one way or another

Posted from TSR Mobile
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm feeling a little more confident with this exam, surprisingly! A day before the exam and I'm finally comfortable with the topics....oookay then, logic..
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by brodingoson)
Has anyone done the January 2013 physics paper? It's so ****ing stupid the questions make no ****ing sense whatsoever! Every physics exam tries to **** you over one way or another

Posted from TSR Mobile
And so is the way of physics :rolleyes: I'm guessing you're buzzing for the exam tomorrow
olmyster911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Hah, at least you'll know it well it really is badly explained to be honestbecause the science is trickier :/ I'm just gonna have to do loads of practice with it :/
I don't understand it despite studying it for ages!

Yeah, I'll do what you're doing too :confused:
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was heaven compared to June 13! 6 markers are fairly nice..the P5 one is fairly dodgy but all we really need to know is that stationary ions in the wire collide with charges which creates kinetic energy and thus heating. And add some data in!
azo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
The question was:

"Animals respond to changes in their environment. A predator appears and causes a rapid response in a squirrel. Suggest what this response might be. Describe the processes that occur in the squirrel to cause this rapid response."
The rapid response bit implies it was a reflex, where the information isn't processed. So I don't think you talk about the CNS as the brain doesn't decide what to do, as it is involuntary. IDEK, you have an impressive memory to recall that question!

(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Relay neuron is within the cns, so they technically do, I made the mistake of differentiating the 2 in the exam :rolleyes:
I just had a look at the spec and you are correct that relay neurons are in the CNS, so it isn't wrong but I don't think you talk about it co-coordinating a response or anything as
understand that this arrangement of neurons into a fixed pathway allows reflex responses to be automatic and so very rapid, since no processing of information is
required
Sulfur
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've looked at it and I just think... what the hell. The questions seem to want answers that you'd never think of and the marks awarded for some points is ridiculous.
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I actually love those Vp/Vs turns on the transformer questions now..hope it comes up tomorrow
User1452521
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
It was heaven compared to June 13! 6 markers are fairly nice..the P5 one is fairly dodgy but all we really need to know is that stationary ions in the wire collide with charges which creates kinetic energy and thus heating. And add some data in!
Naa last June was heaven compared to jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Naa last June was heaven compared to jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suppose it's about opinion but man..that P5 6 marker for June is not even..ughh I can't even
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (132)
18.08%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.41%

Watched Threads