The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by ColeNate
My money's on 9.7. On Wikipedia it says that his record was actually 9.58 seconds but that's close enough for the mark.

His actual time was 9.69 as it was his world record in 2008 that was used :smile:
Original post by bankruptline
I made some really stupid mistakes and I'm a bit worried about it.

I wrote down what to put in the calculator for the 3.0 X10^9/(3.0X10^8)^2

But then I forgot to square the bottom one!!! So mad at myself for that.

Anyway what did anyone put for the Usain Bolt one for at what point was he accelerating the most at?

I put 0 to 3 seconds
what did you put for the change in momentum one?
Reply 1522
Original post by bankruptline
I made some really stupid mistakes and I'm a bit worried about it.

I wrote down what to put in the calculator for the 3.0 X10^9/(3.0X10^8)^2

But then I forgot to square the bottom one!!! So mad at myself for that.

Anyway what did anyone put for the Usain Bolt one for at what point was he accelerating the most at?

His acceleration was greatest between 2-3 seconds because there was a slight steeper slope there. Anything before 2 was a constant speed, and after 3 he started to slow slightly.
I said he accelerated the most at 2 seconds :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Here is P7 june 2013 past paper with mark scheme.
How much will I get penalised for not mentioning a filament as a resistor?
Original post by akl141
His acceleration was greatest between 2-3 seconds because there was a slight steeper slope there. Anything before 2 was a constant speed, and after 3 he started to slow slightly.

Yeah that's what I put :smile:
Reply 1527
Original post by Jillianmckeith
How much will I get penalised for not mentioning a filament as a resistor?

The filament is actually a resistor so for OCR you may have lost the oppurtunity to gain marks by not mentioning that. However, if you had a good explanation as to why the filament was hot, then it would be fine e.g electrons colliding in the fixed lattice of the filament causes heat.
What was it last year for an A*?
For the question where it asks if the window would break, did it break or not?
Reply 1530
Original post by danbomb123
For the question where it asks if the window would break, did it break or not?

The window did not break, the force was less than 10 J
Original post by akl141

What did you get for the force?
Original post by akl141

What was the calculation to work it out?
Original post by JazzyT17
What was it last year for an A*?

A better paper than last year by far. I think I've got upwards of 50, but I shouldn't count my chickens. I should have got a B at least which is all I need for my sixth form place.
Reply 1535
Original post by lyricalvibe
What did you get for the force?

Can't remember exactly, I think it was something like 2.4 or so. Not sure, it was less than 5 atleast.
Original post by akl141
Can't remember exactly, I think it was something like 2.4 or so. Not sure, it was less than 5 atleast.

Yeah I got 2.4 :smile:
Original post by akl141

Yeah, that's what I got :biggrin:
How did you find the exam? You seem to have done well :smile:
Reply 1538
Original post by lyricalvibe
Yeah, that's what I got :biggrin:
How did you find the exam? You seem to have done well :smile:

Well I thought the exam overall was easy. Atleast, easier than what they could have asked. The six marks went fine, and the calculations weren't too complex either. Well thats just me because I revised.
Original post by akl141
Well I thought the exam overall was easy. Atleast, easier than what they could have asked. The six marks went fine, and the calculations weren't too complex either. Well thats just me because I revised.

Same here, I think it was a lot kinder than past papers and the stuff they could have asked in p5 :eek: I was quite shocked going through it :/ I hate physics calculations though -_- and they could have made the graph ones a lot harder as well and could have put in a lot more morphed data and how science works questions :smile:

Quick Reply