I popped a blister Watch

Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I had a blister on my foot so I popped it and pulled the flappy skin off the top.

Then I looked on NHS website:

Don't burst blisters!

Even though it may be tempting, try not to burst a blister because it could lead to an infection or slow down the healing process.
If you have a large or painful blister, your GP may decide to decompress the blister under sterile conditions.
If a blister does burst, don't peel off the dead skin on top of it. Allow the fluid inside the blister to drain and cover the area with a dry, sterile dressing to protect it from infection until it heals.
Will I die?
Jophesxi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you sterilised the needle and put a plaster on afterwards you'll probably be fine.
If you didn't, sterilise the wound now and put a plaster on.
mdevil3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. We're all gonna die some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zaros
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should never look online for medical advice. Will you die, no of cause not don't be silly, you've popped a bubble on your body, not cut out your heart. Do the exact same thing you would do if you hadn't looked online and pretend you never even saw the online medical advice. Complain about the blister till your friends and family want to put their hands around your neck and if you see anything that doesn't look right then go to a doctor and ask.
RHyoudon'kno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
See you in A&E.
Mining
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You won't die. I pop blisters everytime I get them. It's a kind of sick joy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (274)
65.87%
No (142)
34.13%

Watched Threads