Turn on thread page Beta

I am so screwed - issues at home will affect my performance? watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I am SCREWED FOR MY EXAMS.

I need ABB. Sitting on BCC.

I have been working hard since March, and in April, my brother - he's got psychosis - was VERY unwell. He was going to kill himself on the roof that night. Clearly a horrible experience. Police offers, ambulance staff everywhere at 1am...

I was SOOO emotional. So, my revision was on hold for 2 weeks to see him in hospital everyday.

When I got back to it - I have to teach myself three exam papers due to the lack of teachers who actually want to help me pass - and I realised how much there is. I am panicking sooooo bad.

Then three days ago, my brother overdosed in hospital and I am so stressed. I am having panic attacks at 3am incase I fail.

I feel so screwed. Should I inform my uni and allow them to be aware of situation? Can I still get ABB?

ReputationRep:
    I believe that you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Utterly-confused)

I have been working hard since March, and in April, my brother - he's got psychosis - was VERY unwell. He was going to kill himself on the roof that night. Clearly a horrible experience. Police offers, ambulance staff everywhere at 1am...

I was SOOO emotional. So, my revision was on hold for 2 weeks to see him in hospital everyday.

When I got back to it - I have to teach myself three exam papers due to the lack of teachers who actually want to help me pass - and I realised how much there is. I am panicking sooooo bad.

Then three days ago, my brother overdosed in hospital and I am so stressed. I am having panic attacks at 3am incase I fail.

I feel so screwed. Should I inform my uni and allow them to be aware of situation? Can I still get ABB?
    Inform your school's exams officer before you sit the exam (meaning ASAP). You may be eligible for extenuating circumstances, but I have no experience with that.

ReputationRep:
    Inform your exams office (in case you can get official extenuating circumstances) but also the universities you hold offers from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Inform your school's exams officer before you sit the exam (meaning ASAP). You may be eligible for extenuating circumstances, but I have no experience with that.

I did inform them in December - it got worse through-out the year - but the woman who does it REFUSES to acknowledge or listen to it. She says it's still my fault, regardless...

I have emailed the Uni. Asking to speaking to someone who may help me, but I don't know..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewisallows)
    I believe that you can do it.

Atleast one person does.. Cheers hun. I'm actually tearing. It's been such a horrible year.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should definitely tell your school about this: it is not your fault that your brother's condition has gradually got worse so this is unexpected. Besides, you're predicted grades that shows you are intelligent enough to fulfil so don't give up! I hope your brother gets better btw

ReputationRep:

Imagine how amazing it would feel if you git the grades after that. Use it as motivation.

Try going to your local library to revise if your home is disruptive.

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you study and how many exams do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Can't you talk to your tutor at school and ask them what you should/can do about the situation? Sorry to hear about your brother and hope he gets better You can definitely still achieve the grades. Good luck and don't give up! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheriB)
    What subjects do you study and how many exams do you have?

Philosophy, English language and literature and History.

We cannot retake in my college and no other college does my exam board for Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh well go over your specification and make flashcards on key notes and get a past paper out

Its better than doing NOTHING
    Don't give up. Hard work pays off.

Btw what exam board you doing for Philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazzling_Belinda)
    Ahh well go over your specification and make flashcards on key notes and get a past paper out

Its better than doing NOTHING
    Don't give up. Hard work pays off.

Btw what exam board you doing for Philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA.
    Others do OCR.

Any idea if I can transfer exam boards to another college? I.E AQA to OCR, I heard someone say they can move raw marks?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. Try google or ask your teacher in college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Atleast one person does.. Cheers hun. I'm actually tearing. It's been such a horrible year.
    Aw, well you've not sat the exams yet and I'm sure you still have time! This year may have been a horrible one so far, but everyone has off years and you've got many good ones that will follow! x

ReputationRep:
    have faith in yourself, you can do it if you put your mind to it and stay focused. Find a quiet place to go and revise

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.