The Student Room Group

MSc/PgD Occupational Therapy LSBU 2014 start

Hi, I just got an offer at LSBU to start in December, very excited!!

Just wondered who else is starting the course, and what most people are doing for accommodation. I'll be 26 when I start, so wasn't keen on halls because although Im very excited for living and going out in London, I don't want to be with freshers. I get the feeling a lot of older people live in halls so maybethat wouldn't be the case. It would be so convenient and it's good value.

Anyway would be great to chat to anyone else starting.

Susie xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi Susie, I'm not starting the course but I have a BSc in OT so thought I'd say hi and congratulations! Is this a conversion to become an OT or an advanced practice course? I'm assuming g it's taught rather than research based as you said PGD/MSc. Hope you enjoy it, I haven't seen any other mentions of OT around this forum so it was lovely to see your thread!
Reply 2
Thanks you, yes it's the pre registration course, probably should have mentioned that on the title!!
Reply 3
Hi Susie,
I got an offer for LSBU OT pre-reg for starting in September, i didn't know there was a December start date! Anyway im sure ill see you around anyway :smile:
xx
Reply 4
Original post by abc099
Hi Susie,
I got an offer for LSBU OT pre-reg for starting in September, i didn't know there was a December start date! Anyway im sure ill see you around anyway :smile:
xx

Whoops, I meant September! So yes will see you then. Have you decided where your going to live yet? I can't decide between uni accom or a shared house xx
Reply 5
I live in a shared house in SW London at the moment, so hopefully just going to stay here :smile:
You can easily get same price or cheaper than uni accom in a shared house, although admittedly it probably wont be as close to uni. i prefer being in a house to uni accom too, need a double bed!!
Where abouts are you living now? if you decide to look for a shared house i'm happy to help with area-type advice if you don't know the area well!
also i dont go on here a lot, but my facebook is 'Jas Dipre' - feel free to add me there! it might be nice to be in touch with someone to panic about how prepared i am/am not come September :wink:
Original post by Susie781
Hi, I just got an offer at LSBU to start in December, very excited!!

Just wondered who else is starting the course, and what most people are doing for accommodation. I'll be 26 when I start, so wasn't keen on halls because although Im very excited for living and going out in London, I don't want to be with freshers. I get the feeling a lot of older people live in halls so maybethat wouldn't be the case. It would be so convenient and it's good value.

Anyway would be great to chat to anyone else starting.

Susie xx

Hi there! I'll be starting the course in September, I'm so excited!

I've been given a place in halls but it's in the halls designated for post-graduate students so I'm hoping it'll be ok! I'll be 25 when starting the course! I just couldn't find somewhere as cheap as close to the university!

What did you decide to do in the end?

Tash xx
Hello, if you need London accommodation and can find a friend to share with, there's a 2 bedroom house for £1500 including all bills, internet broadband, hot water, gas central heating, washing machine, double glazing, kitchen/diner, bathroom and lovely private garden! Near Queens Road Peckham station, 15 mins to London Bridge (6 trains per hour) zone 2.
Reply 8
Original post by nademartino
Hi there! I'll be starting the course in September, I'm so excited!

I've been given a place in halls but it's in the halls designated for post-graduate students so I'm hoping it'll be ok! I'll be 25 when starting the course! I just couldn't find somewhere as cheap as close to the university!

What did you decide to do in the end?

Tash xx

Hi Tash,

Is that the David bomberg halls? I havnt sorted it out yet, I need to do it soon if I decide to go for halls! Have you had any information about the course since your offer? All I've had so far is confirmation if acceptance. Can't believe it's only 3 months away xxx
Reply 9
Hey! I'm starting in September too, very excited! Look forward to meeting you all :smile:

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending