The Student Room Group

As sociology 15th and 21st may 2014

Scroll to see replies

i am so done. haven't prepared well for this exam at all..
I think the things that are most likely to come up in the education section are ethnic differences in education, class differences or marketisation. There may also be a question on func Marx or new right perspective. I don't think gender will come up at all or questions centred on interactions in school however each year they surprise people! I'm so nervous :frown: I don't even want to think about research methods just got to remember the nemonics!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is essentially when the researcher imposes his own views on the respondent. This can be through leading questions or even unconscious cues such as a slight grimace to a certain answer. This leads to decreased validity.
Can you write the questions in any order? What if you wanna start with research methods first?
How did everyone find the exam???!?!?!?!
Original post by Bunny2014
How did everyone find the exam???!?!?!?!

Absolute gem of a paper, sent from heaven!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiedurrant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I didn't like ethical problems!! Hated that stupid question! But the rest was okay I guess

What did you put for parent evening question??
Original post by Bunny2014
Really? I didn't like ethical problems!! Hated that stupid question! But the rest was okay I guess

What did you put for parent evening question??

I just wrote about covert participation and how it deceives participants who didn't give their consent and put in studies such as Milgram for giving his patients seizures, James Patricks study of Gangs in Glasgow and Laud Humphrey's study of homosexuality in toilets! You could've talked about children in particular and how you need to take more care with them.

For the w/c parent question I put about the fact that they have no interest, that because they may be a love parent they may be looking after another child and... I can't remember what I put for the other one!! Found it hard to think of 3 though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by sophiedurrant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I just say you girl, are a complete star. Your 'MAID' thing or whatever helped me partially with my exam, literally I sat and thought of you for like two seconds deffo needed to make sure I said thank you!!!!!! Even if you felt like it wasn't much, you've saved me a few extra marks haha! Thanks again hun x
Reply 129
Original post by H-SEA
Can I just say you girl, are a complete star. Your 'MAID' thing or whatever helped me partially with my exam, literally I sat and thought of you for like two seconds deffo needed to make sure I said thank you!!!!!! Even if you felt like it wasn't much, you've saved me a few extra marks haha! Thanks again hun x

Same I used it too.! haha 👋
Original post by H-SEA

Awh! This has made my day, thank you :smile: Hope you did okay!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
absolutely gutted and shell shocked. I thought i did quite well in the family and households paper, both papers especially, but for family and households i got a U and for Education... C.

I was adamant i got close to if not full marks on both papers. I have never been so stunned in my life. I phoned AQA and explained the situation. They told me to get a remark as mistakes have occured in the past and the fee is refunded if I prove to be correct. But still I am dumbfounded. I thought i did everything right. Answered all questions etc correctly.

I honestly cannot sleep.

How did everyone else do
Whilst requesting a remark, im also going to ask for my script back so if their marks are correct I can see what the F i did wrong because in my mind, well and truely both exams couldnt have gone better

Quick Reply

Latest