Turn on thread page Beta

Fare Evasion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I used to board southeastern train from zone 4 to London with zone 1&2 oyster as there is no ticket gate at my station. This has been happening since close to 2 years now. I was caught recently on the train and confessed of doing so. The Officer took all the details on a notebook and always used to say that I am under caution.
    I have got a letter from southeastern prosecution office just to confirm that I was the person travelling and the details are correct so that they can proceed with the prosecution.
    I know that I have committed a big mistake and am really worried and tensed with my family. Any suggestion about the consequences will be of great help? What is the minimum penalty or cost which I will have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    4 years in prison. Jokes, you might just have to pay a fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    4 years in prison. Jokes, you might just have to pay a fine.
    Thanks for the response! Any ideae how much would the fine come upto?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awanishkrai)
    Thanks for the response! Any ideae how much would the fine come upto?
    Up to £1000, if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Up to £1000, if I remember correctly.
    Thanks Bro.

ReputationRep:
    If the bank of mum and dad can help you might stay out of the courts. If it's like New Barnet station there are Oyster readers on the platform you can use, so you have no excuse. It's a bit like having two items in a shop and only paying for one.

Plead guilty and maybe the magistrate may be kind and you'll only get a small fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awanishkrai)
    I used to board southeastern train from zone 4 to London with zone 1&2 oyster as there is no ticket gate at my station. This has been happening since close to 2 years now. I was caught recently on the train and confessed of doing so. The Officer took all the details on a notebook and always used to say that I am under caution.
    I have got a letter from southeastern prosecution office just to confirm that I was the person travelling and the details are correct so that they can proceed with the prosecution.
    I know that I have committed a big mistake and am really worried and tensed with my family. Any suggestion about the consequences will be of great help? What is the minimum penalty or cost which I will have to pay?
    People like you are one of the reasons fare prices are so high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No excuse - you can buy a valid ticket in the ticket machine. Does this mean that I can board mashrutkas for free?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.