How to remember German GCSE speaking? Watch

kittykatieboo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What are your technique? I did my French and got an A*, but I'm struggling to remember some of the words from the German speaking and therefore it makes my fluency worse. I've learnt 3 out of 5 of my questions, and I know it, but it just comes to me really slowly. How can I improve this? I was fine when I did my French, but even though I'm doing the same technique, I'm finding it hard.
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an A* in my German speaking simply from starting memorisation around a week before the real thing and getting my German friend and teacher to listen to me and correct me (I highlighted words I knew I had difficulty pronouncing).

Maybe you find it harder because you're used to French and German words usually have very long words that are hard to pronounce. Keep practising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
kittykatieboo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
I got an A* in my German speaking simply from starting memorisation around a week before the real thing and getting my German friend and teacher to listen to me and correct me (I highlighted words I knew I had difficulty pronouncing).

Maybe you find it harder because you're used to French and German words usually have very long words that are hard to pronounce. Keep practising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I think you could be right. French words sound similar to English and don't have many pronunciation rules unlike German. Thanks for the advice, I just need to have faith in myself haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (553)
80.49%
Leave (134)
19.51%

Watched Threads