KuroKage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I have my geography sdme exam on tuesday and I'm struggling on exam technique and how to answer 8 and 6 mark questions. Any ideas?
ElGenioEstúpido
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same, can anyone provide any exemplar 16 mark answers?
joefursman
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KuroKage)
Hi, I have my geography sdme exam on tuesday and I'm struggling on exam technique and how to answer 8 and 6 mark questions. Any ideas?
what sort of things have you been revising for the sdme, im stuck on the possible topics that could come up? any help would be appreciated
damonhj
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its natural hazards, so either tropical storms, earthquakes, volcanoes or droughts.Our teacher said that the tropical storms is the most likely topic to come up
VictoriaMan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got the same tomorrow! SDME is going to be something within natural hazards and my teacher has predicted either Tropical Storms or Drought but she said that tropical storm would be difficult to do a 16 mark decision on. I don't know though. They were just guesses. Anyway, to answer the original question, in terms of marks we have been taught to think logically.

4 marks = 2 Level 2 developed points or 1 very well done Level3/4 developed point.
6 marks = 3 Level 2 developed points or 2 Level 3 developed points.
8 marks = I don't know if you can enough marks for 4 Level 2 developed points, but personally for 8 marks I would do 3 Level 3 developed points.

and I am not sure about the SDME but in the Key Themes Exam, the case studies are now worth 9 marks + 3 for SPAG so 12 all together.
9 marks = 3 Level 3 developed points with facts and statistics embedded and place specific detail.

Hope this helped and good luck tomorrow everyone!
Andy a*
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Use DADRDASSF for the 16 marker, which is
decision
Advantages
Disadvantages
rejection
Disadvantages
Advantages
Stakeholders
Sustainability
Final decision
KuroKage
Rep:
?
(Original post by joefursman)
what sort of things have you been revising for the sdme, im stuck on the possible topics that could come up? any help would be appreciated
Oh crap, hurricanes came up. Wrote a load of bull but included all of the main things.... i think
KuroKage
Rep:
?
(Original post by VictoriaMan)
I've got the same tomorrow! SDME is going to be something within natural hazards and my teacher has predicted either Tropical Storms or Drought but she said that tropical storm would be difficult to do a 16 mark decision on. I don't know though. They were just guesses. Anyway, to answer the original question, in terms of marks we have been taught to think logically.

4 marks = 2 Level 2 developed points or 1 very well done Level3/4 developed point.
6 marks = 3 Level 2 developed points or 2 Level 3 developed points.
8 marks = I don't know if you can enough marks for 4 Level 2 developed points, but personally for 8 marks I would do 3 Level 3 developed points.

and I am not sure about the SDME but in the Key Themes Exam, the case studies are now worth 9 marks + 3 for SPAG so 12 all together.
9 marks = 3 Level 3 developed points with facts and statistics embedded and place specific detail.

Hope this helped and good luck tomorrow everyone!
Thanks so much and it was quite easy now that I think about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads