best undiscovered website- realise the karma of the web!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hello everyone! I realise this should maybe be in the books forum, but it seems a bit dead at the mo and more people will read it here.. anyway..

Ive just come across this website - www.bookcrossing.com
You register for free, and then register books you dont want any more. These books get an individual number which you put inside the front cover, and then you can either send it to a friend, or 'free' the book by leaving it on a train/library/shop/bench.. anywhere, for someone else to pick up. They can see the number inside the book and register that they have found it.. that way you can track your book all over the country..! I think its such a great concept.. making the world a library.

Any thoughts anyone? have a look at the website.. and join in, i am!

p.s. im not trying to sell this site cos its free anyway, i just thought it was such a good idea..
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL "SOmewhere in Devon"

So, an enormous county is given just that! <feels mildly annoyed>
kindersurprise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So ur only actually going to know where your book is if the person who picked it up can be bothered going on this website (if they know about it)
Right
xox
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.alltooflat.com/geeky/elgoog/
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by kindersurprise)
So ur only actually going to know where your book is if the person who picked it up can be bothered going on this website (if they know about it)
Right
xox
thats only a sideline.. better is the happy thought that your book is being handed on to complete strangers, who you will never meet, but who have your book.. sounds poetic and sappy..but i think its a nice idea
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (52)
18.18%
Labour (140)
48.95%
Liberal Democrats (41)
14.34%
Green Party (20)
6.99%
Brexit Party (4)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.05%
SNP (5)
1.75%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.7%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.4%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)