Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RaduTH)
Which would you recommend and why?
I am biased towards BGP but I'm not that sure

thanks!
It's mainly whether you want to be catered or non-catered, and whether you want to live on campus or ~5 mins walk off West side of campus.

The social atmospheres are both great, solid JCR committees/Week One Reps, close to each other, and well-furnished.

You'll enjoy your time whichever you choose, I'm sure
ohtodieoflaughter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeh it really is about catered or non-catered.

Also BGP seems a little more 'alternative' than UP, as UP does a lot of the main stream nights and main stream activities. BGP also does them, but there seems to be more of the alternative nights and things too.

Also if you're into sports, BGP might be a better option in terms of meals as sports practices tend to run at the same time as meals and it's difficult to get them to give you food to takeaway.

Having said that, I imagine arguing about washing up and who stole who's food is a bit much in first year. Might be nice to wait until second year private housing for that pain in the arse!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (392)
79.84%
Leave (99)
20.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise