The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation in Sheffield

Hey I'm just wondering if anybody can give any info on the best accommodation to apply for .. whether you're applying too or were there last year! Not really sure at all which to choose. Victoria Hall no longer accepting applications..
Reply 1
I'm currently at Central Quay, I wouldn't apply there as it is probably one of the most far out from city campus however if you are allocated a room there it is perfectly fine and for sure not the worst accommodation.

My favourite is The Pinnacles, if being immediately in the city center isn't extremely important to you, it's about 5 minutes from the shopping area, 10 minutes from city campus and 15 from where most nightclubs are. Personally, I think the rooms and communal areas are nicer than those at Victoria Halls.

Opal one is also quite popular and is near the clubbing areas and close to uni, I've not saw the bedrooms for myself but the living areas seem perfectly adequate.

Leadmill Point is very close to uni and across the road from Leadmill nightclub, the rooms and living areas are both nice however they are not ensuite.

Phoenix Court I would avoid, I'm sure I have saw fungus growing out of a wall there and the flats are very small with 2/3 people per flat, a shared bathroom and tiny kitchen with no communal area.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending