The Student Room Group

Most interesting/unusual combination of A-levels you've heard of?

Most people seem to fall into one of two camps, either Maths / Further Maths / Chemistry / Physics or English, History, etc (or is it just me?) either way, I met a girl the other day who was doing maths, further maths, English lit and art, which I thought was awesome. There's also a girl I know who's doing economics, maths and Mandarin, which is even more awesome.

What do you think are the "best" / most impressive A-level combinations in that sense?

Scroll to see replies

Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
I know somebody doing Maths, Mandarin, Economics & Textiles so that combination isn't really unusual :tongue:

My friend does Art, Geography, Chemistry & politics
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, English Language & Literature and Graphics, so I guess a 50/50 split? Not that weird but a lot of people are surprised when I tell them.
Reply 4
I'm doing biology, maths, art and classical civilisation - couldn't choose which angle to go for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Катя
Most people seem to fall into one of two camps, either Maths / Further Maths / Chemistry / Physics or English, History, etc (or is it just me?) either way, I met a girl the other day who was doing maths, further maths, English lit and art, which I thought was awesome. There's also a girl I know who's doing economics, maths and Mandarin, which is even more awesome.

What do you think are the "best" / most impressive A-level combinations in that sense?

Maths, History, Government and politics and philosophy
I put down:

Maths
Physics
Classical Civilisation
Government and Politics

Which I thought was pretty cool lol :wink:
Reply 7
Maths
Physics
Art
Psychology

:lolwut: so weird.
Maths Physics Geog DT
English literature, History, Math Biology- I had no idea what I wanted to do but i now think I'll be doing History at university
Maths, Further Maths, English Lit, History + Geography
Reply 11
Well.. I do...
Maths
ICT
Media Studies
Fine Art

I'm dropping Fine Art at A2.
Reply 12
I do-

Travel & Tourism
English Language
Sociology
Philosophy and Ethics
Media & Communications
i do physics, economics and politics - slightly obscure :biggrin:
Further maths, english lit. and religious studies.
I'm doing French, Maths and Government & Politics which is apparently an odd combination as people tell me all the time o.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my friends is doing english lit, geography, biology and physics! A bit of an odd combination!
I know someone doing:

English Literature
P.E
Spanish
Sociology

:s-smilie:
sociology, physics, media, h+s
I do Maths, Economics, Physics and Chem and I haven't met anyone who does the same, I didn't think my combo was weird but everyone keeps asking me where Bio is :rolleyes:
then again at my school 90% do what we call the 'Asian Combo'

Latest