UCL Accomodation Queries Watch

RainPoncho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have some questions concerning UCL accommodation, I've looked at their website and would like to hear of other people's experiences with accommodation there.

-Can I choose my accommodation?

-Are the prices guaranteed or are they likely to change?

-After the second year are you expected to find your own accommodation, if so how expensive is it on average (say for a single room, non-ensuite accommodation)?

I'm looking to study Comp. Sci and I'm currently in Year 12 if that makes a difference. Thanks.

(Woops, spelled Accommodation wrong in the title!)
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RainPoncho)
I have some questions concerning UCL accommodation, I've looked at their website and would like to hear of other people's experiences with accommodation there.

-Can I choose my accommodation?

-Are the prices guaranteed or are they likely to change?

-After the second year are you expected to find your own accommodation, if so how expensive is it on average (say for a single room, non-ensuite accommodation)?

I'm looking to study Comp. Sci and I'm currently in Year 12 if that makes a difference. Thanks.

(Woops, spelled Accommodation wrong in the title!)
1) No, you give preferences such as budget and ensuite or shared bathroom and single or twin and they try and meet it. Note that if you are under 19 when you start unless your budget is at the higher end its likely that you'll be put in a twin room

2) If it says 2014/15 then it should be

3) Yes- not sure sorry
RainPoncho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
1) No, you give preferences such as budget and ensuite or shared bathroom and single or twin and they try and meet it. Note that if you are under 19 when you start unless your budget is at the higher end its likely that you'll be put in a twin room

2) If it says 2014/15 then it should be

3) Yes- not sure sorry
Thanks for the info, though I don't think I'm considering UCL or any London based universities- way too expensive! But I appreciate the help, thanks again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads