if i sneak up on some and they die how long will i go to prison

Watch
This discussion is closed.
mrdetermination
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
if i sneak up on some and they die (from heart attack or other stuff) how many years would i go to prison under englishlaw
RHyoudon'kno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can you even go to prison for something like that?

Anyway, you wouldn't go to prison, coz you'd probably just leg it.
ronmack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hanged
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Erm, who are you planning on doing this to?
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People don't just die when you sneak up behind them - what are you planning on doing? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knowing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't think anything will happen to you :/ unless the reason for the heart attack was cuz you stabbed them or something
czechmishaout
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There was a similar situation in the Czech news a few days ago. A couple of comics (not very funny comics, though) dressed up as cops and stopped a car for an 'inspection' - they searched the car, requested the IDs and all. The driver had a heart attack during the 'inspection' though. Now the comics might face a civil lawsuit and prison time, though I'm not sure what the charges would be. The driver is also still in the hospital and might decide not to sue at all, but the implications are heavily discussed in the Czech media these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by czechmishaout)
There was a similar situation in the Czech news a few days ago. A couple of comics (not very funny comics, though) dressed up as cops and stopped a car for an 'inspection' - they searched the car, requested the IDs and all. The driver had a heart attack during the 'inspection' though. Now the comics might face a civil lawsuit and prison time, though I'm not sure what the charges would be. The driver is also still in the hospital and might decide not to sue at all, but the implications are heavily discussed in the Czech media these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Impersonating an officer is an offence in many countries, other than that I'm not sure there would be a separate criminal charge for causing harm as a result of it. A heart attack is not reasonably foreseeable!
mrdetermination
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Impersonating an officer is an offence in many countries, other than that I'm not sure there would be a separate criminal charge for causing harm as a result of it. A heart attack is not reasonably foreseeable!
but isnt it fear to cause immediate and unlawful violence of section 39 of the criminal justice act 1988 it being assualt
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think anything would happen to you, but you could just remove yourself from the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
purplelamp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Causing someone to apprehend immediate unlawful force yes. That would get maximum 6months or £5000.
But you are talking about them dying afterwards, there was a similar case where he attacked a woman, she screamed and her baby died basically from being scared to death (from mothers screams) and he was guilty of manslaughter. (Maximum discretionary life)
I revised this yesterday so I hope that's right haha.
Edit: but nothing is likely to happen so don't worry
Posted from TSR Mobile
chukster97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe for manslaughter? I dunno
username1422546
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, but what you going to do to the person?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (82)
38.68%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.49%
Look for a job (6)
2.83%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.3%
Take a year out (33)
15.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.13%

Watched Threads