Should the Russians have been booed Watch

Poll: Should the Russians have been booed?
Yes (3)
15%
No (17)
85%
username1417378
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
RU
VladThe1mpaler
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What justification is there for booing the Russians? No problem with booing Putin but why boo people just because they are Russian?
Old_Simon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well generally Russians suck.
username1417378
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
What justification is there for booing the Russians? No problem with booing Putin but why boo people just because they are Russian?
What's wrong with Putin??
VladThe1mpaler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AliyaMustafina)
What's wrong with Putin??
Well he has some controversial policies.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would normally say no but to think Eurovision is just a singing competition is silly, so the booing is justified.
member403966
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Here's a wonderful clip of Putin singing though.

Observatory
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think mistaking the Eurovision song contest for a forum of any political or diplomatic importance whatsoever is bad.
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 4 years ago
So because Putin invaded Ukraine people feel it necessary to boo two 17-year-old girls in a singing contest?

Grow up.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think they should have been booed.

Yes, Russia hasn't got the best image right now but that's not something to blame the girls over. You're judging their singing, not the country policies. Although there will ALWAYS be political voting due to borders which is why the UK is probably the freest with regards to that. But seriously, all that booing must have been terribly awkward for the girls, keep the politics out of Eurovision, or at least, don't be a **** about it.

I do find it funny that there was no love for France though. Well, 2 love but that's it :')
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Genocidal)
So because Putin invaded Ukraine people feel it necessary to boo two 17-year-old girls in a singing contest?

Grow up.
Actually without the Ukraine I imagine they still would have been booed due to their homophobic laws and the fact Eurovision has a huge gay following.

I feel if you choose to represent your country, you are representing the countries values, and expect to receive backlash from people who don't like those values.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was childish, booing two teenage girls' performance over the decisions its government make?
I had no idea Eurovision is a hotbed for politics, next time I'll look forward to seeing Israel being booed for pulling out of peace negotiations with the Palestinians.. Jk I'll never watch Eurovision:dry:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.14%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%
No, but I want to start (313)
36.91%
No, I am unable to (212)
25%
No, I chose not to (231)
27.24%