No communication from school direct lead school? Watch

Aalb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an unconditional school direct place for September (secondary). However,since receiving my offer in February I have heard nothing from the lead school, no information for September etc. Has everybody else had communication with their school since receiving an offer? I am unsure whether to send an email or not, and if so, what to put in the email.

replies would be great.
Aalb
Rep:
?
Ps, I have had communication with MMU who are the PGCE provider.
Ratchit99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a firm offer from my uni for my pgce job march, and have had no official documentation since then, it's horrible because it makes me doubt I have a place even though I have a firm offer lol
Aalb
Rep:
?
That is exactly what I'm like! I know I have an unconditional place and have communicated with the uni, but I still keep doubting it because of no communication from the school. Very unnerving!
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aalb)
That is exactly what I'm like! I know I have an unconditional place and have communicated with the uni, but I still keep doubting it because of no communication from the school. Very unnerving!
We are in exam season. Schools are extremely busy. Were you told to expect a communication?
Aalb
Rep:
?
Hi Mr M,

No I wasn't told to expect anything which is why I haven't emailed/called. I was just wondering whether any body else has had any communication from their schools. I am just curious about the setup for September, dates/times/plans etc.
jeffercake
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aalb)
Hi Mr M,

No I wasn't told to expect anything which is why I haven't emailed/called. I was just wondering whether any body else has had any communication from their schools. I am just curious about the setup for September, dates/times/plans etc.
Hi, I haven't heard anything either. Universities still have this year's student to sort so we will probably hear in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shelly_x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aalb)
You've communicated with the uni, so you're fine. Schools have months left and it is currently exam season. Be patient and your info will come
lantan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aalb)
I have an unconditional school direct place for September (secondary). However,since receiving my offer in February I have heard nothing from the lead school, no information for September etc. Has everybody else had communication with their school since receiving an offer? I am unsure whether to send an email or not, and if so, what to put in the email.

replies would be great.
I think you could try to contact the School Direct coordinator and then your future department on the question of coming to observe and basically be an extra pair of hands. If you don't have other other commitments, that is.

It's just a thought as all schools are very different, but I did this voluntary work for 5 weeks last year and later found the experience invaluable.
Aalb
Rep:
?
Great idea Lantan but unfortunately I do have other commitments (my young children). I think I will just be patient and if I have heard nothing by July then I will contact them. Thanks everyone.
bellylaugh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aalb)
Great idea Lantan but unfortunately I do have other commitments (my young children). I think I will just be patient and if I have heard nothing by July then I will contact them. Thanks everyone.
I was told by the team who run the SCITT that I'd hear from the school in April...still no word. I haven't chased the school directly as I appreciate they're busy and the Year 6 SATs are this week too but if I don't hear from them by the end of this month I'll give them a chase. Also, this is the first year they've run the SDS route so there are bound to be teething problems.

I'd really like to spend a day in my school before the summer term ends, just to get a feel for the place. I've not even had a look around it yet and I'm really curious as to what it is like!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (145)
45.74%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.26%

Watched Threads