Turn on thread page Beta

Is Egypt safe to go to yet? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I literally have no idea if Egypt is safe. I know the outskirts of Cairo are pretty alright... but I want to see the specific things in/around Cairo.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go to Egypt but it still seems pretty dangerous in some areas.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to be alone or in a group? I think Cairo would be safer in a tourist group with a guide. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here's the Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice for Egypt. Cairo looks relatively okay but check before you go!

ReputationRep:
    If you're not phased by constantly seeing military in the streets with tanks, apc's and assault rifles then you'll be OK. Plus being wise should a demonstration kick off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of visiting Cairo and the Pyramids on my own later this year. I think it should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Egypt with my cousin,I've had a nice time ,I guess they only pick on white people lol.

ReputationRep:
    Always check the foreign office site.

The resorts, Such as Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada, are pretty much safe all the time. I know Sharm is surrounded by checkpoints, it is literally impossibly for anyone/anything 'dodgy' to get in.

As far as I know, Cairo is ok at the moment. The dodgy areas are the top of the Sinai desert and along the border with Israel.

ReputationRep:
    Always check the foreign office site.

The resorts, Such as Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada, are pretty much safe all the time. I know Sharm is surrounded by checkpoints, it is literally impossibly for anyone/anything 'dodgy' to get in.

As far as I know, Cairo is ok at the moment. The dodgy areas are the top of the Sinai desert and along the border with Israel.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

I had some relatives in Sharm El Sheikh and it appeared to be safe, there seemed to be some activity at a few of the checkpoints for unknown reasons several days after. If you have alternative holiday ideas I would advise to go for them. I have had friends who have been troubled with security there, in addition a family friend was shot and sadly killed in the deserts, albeit he was a journalist, may he rest peacefully. Please be safe!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.