Turn on thread page Beta

I put a picture quote on Facebook saying "A man's biggest mistake is giving another man a chance to make his woman smile". This was an innocent comment which referred to how I feel right now about someone I like who is too shy to make a move but is allowing other guys to chat me up. My brother has had a go at me saying it means it is all about controlling someone. I have deleted the picture and closed my account down. Who is right here?

ReputationRep:
    He's over-reacting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    He's over-reacting!
    I'd say closing your account down over a facebook comment is quite an over-reaction as well.

ReputationRep:
    He's entitled to his opinion on what you posted but you shouldn't let someone put you off posting what you want and you shouldn't have deactivated your account. Plenty of people on my page hate cats but it doesn't stop me from posting pics of my cats all the time or make me want to delete my account.

If someone doesn't like what you post, its their problem, not yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He's overacting, but why not tell the guy how you feel?

ReputationRep:
    he's just not that into you

ReputationRep:
    You both overreacted to be fair

ReputationRep:
    I mean this in the most literal sense: you both need to get out more. FB isn't real, it's just an ever-more tedious vehicle through which to perpetuate irritation.

If you removed every vaguely dumb remark from Facebook all you'd be left with is pictures of cats.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you delete your account over a tiny disagreement?

(Original post by Lotus_Eater)

If you removed every vaguely dumb remark from Facebook all you'd be left with is pictures of cats.
    :moon:

ReputationRep:
    If I woke up one day and found I had posted a picture quote on facebook, I would close my account down as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lotus_Eater)

In which case my opinion of facebook would sky rocket.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You both over-reacted. Tell him that's his opinion and get your account back.

Or don't, I don't like FB anyway so it's not my concern.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.