A2 English Literature WJEC exam (6th June) Watch

rebeccapally
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I just wanted to share a couple of my revision tips, which I'm sure are all widely known, but anyway. So I'm doing The Tempest and Dr Faustus in section one of the exam, and because it's closed text, I found downloading the audiobooks invaluable for learning quotes. The only reason I remember half of Prospero's ramblings is because I've been listening to Ian McKellan recite them over and over. It's great as well because I have a tediously long bus journey to and from my college where I always feel frustrated that I'm not getting any revision done, but now I listen to the audiobooks so I feel a lot less guilty . Also, fellow Tempest studiers, the audiobook I have has Benedict Cumberbatch voicing Ferdinand, just imagine his voice filling your ears!
Also for poetry, I have to learn at least 10 of Blake's poems from Songs of Innocence and Experience, and even though they're fairly easy due to the childlike rhyming, I found that recording myself reading the poems (however much I loathe my own voice) and listening to it over and over has really helped me memorise them. My English class also does this weird creepy chanting of the poems which is also effective.
If anyone has any tips then please share!
Good luck in the exam.
kingzebra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hiii!

These are amazing tips! I stumbled across you on another post too.

I'm also doing the exact same texts as you, I don't suppose you have anything you'd be willing to share as I am panicking- we haven't had a very good teacher at all

Thank you xxxx
alic316
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rebeccapally)
Hey guys, I just wanted to share a couple of my revision tips, which I'm sure are all widely known, but anyway. So I'm doing The Tempest and Dr Faustus in section one of the exam, and because it's closed text, I found downloading the audiobooks invaluable for learning quotes. The only reason I remember half of Prospero's ramblings is because I've been listening to Ian McKellan recite them over and over. It's great as well because I have a tediously long bus journey to and from my college where I always feel frustrated that I'm not getting any revision done, but now I listen to the audiobooks so I feel a lot less guilty . Also, fellow Tempest studiers, the audiobook I have has Benedict Cumberbatch voicing Ferdinand, just imagine his voice filling your ears!
Also for poetry, I have to learn at least 10 of Blake's poems from Songs of Innocence and Experience, and even though they're fairly easy due to the childlike rhyming, I found that recording myself reading the poems (however much I loathe my own voice) and listening to it over and over has really helped me memorise them. My English class also does this weird creepy chanting of the poems which is also effective.
If anyone has any tips then please share!
Good luck in the exam.
You didn't happen to go to Truro college did you? Because our lecturer makes us chant Blake's poems too and the long bus journeys sound familiar, haha! Do you have any tips for writing the exam because I'm finding it quite hard to stay focused on the question/make links relevant and just timing really?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.24%
Disagree (6)
5.04%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.61%
Agree (45)
37.82%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.29%

Watched Threads