The Student Room Group

Did you get beaten as a kid?

Growing up as a kid my parents used to hit me if I done anything wrong or in their eyes anything inappropriate, this promptly made me realise very early their are consequences to my actions especially if you done anything wrong. Did you beaten by your parents? And would you hit your kids if you have any or would you adopt a more relaxed approach towards them?

Scroll to see replies

I learnt at a very young age, that no law can stop my mother.

None.

And once I have procreated, no law will stop me.

(btw: I'm not crazy, I'm African. My parents hit me, but I wasn't abused)
Reply 2
Nope, well apart from getting smacked on my bottom but that was hardly getting ''beaten''

I was a little **** as well so...
Reply 3
I never got hit whatsoever when I was a child from my mum or grandparents. When I became a teenager though, me and my mum would get into some physical fights during an argument. Never anything major like punching or anything though. More like pushing and sometimes a slap. I think we got like that because we were more like sisters and are quite a like so that would sometimes escalate arguments. So no I wouldn't say I was ever beaten but me and my mum have had some physical attacks while arguing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Yes my parents used to hit me, and they still do.
I got a smack once for jumping out the first floor window (I was 5ish and came out unscathed)
And once when I played chicken at the front of my house (7ish)

My parents always said they regretted it because there was no need.
I don't and would never use physical force on my son, I can get him to behave without hurting him so why would I?
Yes have gotten some smacks in my day
With a chappal :cry2:
Reply 8
Yep

And no I wouldn't hit my children unless they did something incredibly rude even after several explanations

Posted from TSR Mobile
ye quite a lot lol
No.
Reply 11
Original post by lilangel217

Chappal lol il'd rather got beaten with that than a belt or extension cord wire!
Original post by Jokerjon
Chappal lol il'd rather got beaten with that than a belt or extension cord wire!

Extension cord wire.
Never heard that one before :rofl:

And no, chappals are painful, kay ?

Those heavy rubber chappals and the sotis though :cry2:
Wouldn't say beaten, but we'd get smacked/hit with a paddle brush/spanked with a flip flop :rofl: taught us to be good though to avoid being smacked and the like so I don't think it was a bad thing. It was never overly severe or unwarranted either. Would I do it to my kids? If they were very naughty I'd probably smack them, yes, but only so that they learned not to be bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hardly beaten, I got little smacks on my bottom when I was being an arse, now that I'm grown they just take my phone/laptop
Not often. One memorable time I got paddled with a wooden spoon when I was about 5, still remember it to this day.
Anytime I did something stupid, I did get a good slap across the face haha. But the worst one was when my mum threw a saucer at my head
Nope, never. Only a small slap sometimes when I was younger. :tongue:

I wasn't ever really a naughty child anyway (surprisingly).
Original post by lilangel217

lmao that indian tradition :colone::biggrin:
Original post by Paras Agarwal
lmao that indian tradition :colone::biggrin:

:lol:
Yeah.

Even though I'm not Indian

Quick Reply

Latest