Turn on thread page Beta

Buying from Digital Rev watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I want to buy my first fancy camera and I've seen the 600D for about £350 there whereas it's £450 on amazon. The catch with digital rev is that it's not an official canon warranty.

Would you recommend I buy from digital rev for my first DSLR or should I stay safe and go for Amazon?

ReputationRep:
    Subbing, looking at a lens that's about £50 cheaper at Digitalrev so will be interesting to hear if anybody's had any experience with their grey imports :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've spent about £2k with them in one go. They were fine. My dad has used them too without problems.

Took about 6 days to deliver direct from Hong Kong, well packaged with metres of bubble wrap. Was marked as a digital camera (true) and valued at £52 (far from true, made me laugh at the time). You get a warrenty that works through digitalrev rather than through Canon.

Only issue I had, the charger supplied was an american 2 pin style, and while an adapter had been included in the box, it didn't fit properly, I bought one from Maplin for £5-£7 and its fits perfectly.

Also look up HDEW cameras, another grey import, but with a UK base and some things can be cheaper although it has less choice to start with (saved close to £500 on one lens from there).

At the end of the day, I'd use both DR and HDEW again.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.