Do you think that england has chance in world cup? Watch

username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No realistic chance.

Unfortunately England simply does not produce enough technically gifted players to match the best teams I'm the world.

I would say that I hope they bomb in the hope that the FA pull their finger out, but we've known this for years.
BleedBlue95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As an England fan I hope they do well and I know I will probably be proved wrong but I just feel really positive about this WC, we don't have the same pressure as SA, come on England !

(PS Who thinks Barkley is the new Gazza)
Posted from TSR Mobile
BleedBlue95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
whats your opinion on Barkley for me he is as good as anyone at the moment especially in England

Posted from TSR Mobile
boomsmitty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If we manage to get out of our Group then I will be very happy. Even the naivest of England fans have awoken to the fact that this is going to be a particularly tough competition, and it's noticeable in the fairly muted build up. There isn't even a hint of hysteria...yet.

But I think it's going to be a really enjoyable tournament for the reason that the pressure will be a lot less. And if we play good, entertaining football then I'll be happy.

If not, then I'll rip my shirt off, headbutt the nearest lamp post and smash up some plastic garden furniture.
Miel Purple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not this one, hopefully they'll progress to the QF
JamJam87
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:rofl: as much as i would like to think they do, no!!! :rofl:
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The weather, particularly in Manaus, will be a huge factor. Also, I feel the overall fitness of our players is inferior to that of many other nations. We don't keep the ball very well and when you have to chase the ball in conditions like they're going to be in Brazil, realistically we don't stand a chance.
Ziggy Sawdust
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattv72)
Germany have no striker. Klose is too old, so won't be as good as he has been in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about Gomez, Muller and Podolski then?
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ziggy Sawdust)
What about Gomez, Muller and Podolski then?
Wtf. Gomez isn't even in the squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People are always on a Germany hype but the problem is they always choke when it comes to the semi final. They probably have the best squad, but so did Spain in the confed cup and they got hammered by Brazil.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i actually think england have the potential to do better than usual.
we'll never win it though, and we'll likely bottle it in the group stages, but if you look at our individual players, we actually have an excellent set.
it's a shame we can never get quality players to work as a team.
however with the liverpool core, maybe this will be an improvement?
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
i actually think england have the potential to do better than usual.
we'll never win it though, and we'll likely bottle it in the group stages, but if you look at our individual players, we actually have an excellent set.
it's a shame we can never get quality players to work as a team.
however with the liverpool core, maybe this will be an improvement?
I don't think it will man, it maybe improve recent performances but think that at one point we had this team:

GK (whoever lol, Robinson)
Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole
Beckham Gerrard Lampard J. Cole
Owen Rooney

Or to that effect, and we still got nowhere near! That team should've got to a SF at least imo.

So wrt to the Liverpool core, when Hodgson sends them out in a boring, dinasour formation it won't matter tbh, he won't play Sterling in the hole, Gerrard as a 'quaterback', Henderson as box-to-box etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FKLW)
I don't think it will man, it maybe improve recent performances but think that at one point we had this team:

GK (whoever lol, Robinson)
Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole
Beckham Gerrard Lampard J. Cole
Owen Rooney

Or to that effect, and we still got nowhere near! That team should've got to a SF at least imo.

So wrt to the Liverpool core, when Hodgson sends them out in a boring, dinasour formation it won't matter tbh, he won't play Sterling in the hole, Gerrard as a 'quaterback', Henderson as box-to-box etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
actually, that is a good point, i didn't think of it that way.
the main reason liverpool have done so well this season is more rodgers any other man
he played exactly the right formation and tactics to get the best out of his team, taking a great deal of risks.

hodgeson will not take risks; i imagine him to be a safe manager
so rather than playing a diamond and pushing henderson forward to attack, he will most likely have gerrard and henderson play holding, more defensive roles
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
actually, that is a good point, i didn't think of it that way.
the main reason liverpool have done so well this season is more rodgers any other man
he played exactly the right formation and tactics to get the best out of his team, taking a great deal of risks.

hodgeson will not take risks; i imagine him to be a safe manager
so rather than playing a diamond and pushing henderson forward to attack, he will most likely have gerrard and henderson play holding, more defensive roles
Yeah defo man. Pains me to say this lol but if was the England manager I'd mirror Liverpool's formation/ tactics (maybe a little more defensive), slot in the Pool players and tell the rest of them to adapt. And if they don't want to then boot them out!

My team would be:

Hart
Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines
Gerrard
Henderson Barkley
Sterling
Rooney Sturridge

Maybe slightly attacking yes but may as well go out in a blaze of glory!
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If England get out of the group they will have done very well because Italy got to the final of the Euros and were much better than us in the Quarter Final of the Euros and Italy were much better than Spain despite losing in the Confederations Cup Semi Final and they are a higher rank than England.Uruguay won the Copa-America and only lost 2-1 to magnificent Brazil in the Confederations Cup Semi Final and it is in South America so big advantage and they are higher ranked.

I feel very angry at the unfair draw FIFA have given us and it does suggest corruption because there were 9 teams in our pot and we got 1 team from our own pot when France should have been transferred to the other pot and FIFA demand that every group must have no more than 2 teams from any continent so this meant we had to be drawn against a hard south american team from the top pot.

England,Italy and Uruguay are ranked 6,9 and 11 in the world and the top 3 sides in a group are supposed to reflect the top three quarters of the tournament eg.top 24 what a ridiculous draw an absolute farce.Hopefully Italy will be on bad form like in 2010.

I don't think we have any hope against the likes of Suarez in the Uruguayan Side and wouldn't be surprised if we got battered by them so the real important match is the first one against Italy both sides are European and England have shown that they can limit Italy's attacks in Euro 2012 and a draw there could be critical with England hoping to get 2nd on Goal Difference with England thrashing Costa Rica more and losing to Uruguay less than Italy do.
fozzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
England will only do well if Welbeck gets injured, big Andy is called up and then what he will do to the likes of Chiellini in the air will be similar to this: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/tnnl.gif
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FKLW)
xOr to that effect, and we still got nowhere near! That team should've got to a SF at least imo
I think that England team is a tad overrated, prefer the one from the late 90's. Just look at the list of players who didn't make the cut in 1998 for example - Gazza, Dion Dublin, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville, Andy Hinchcliffe, Ian Wright, Jamie Redknapp, Andy Cole, Matt Le Tissier, Frank Lampard, Robbie Fowler, Chris Sutton.
Thugnificent.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
absolutely no chance

no terry no cole, johnson will start,lampard will start,rooney will start, i predict sturridge will go missing = tipped for failure

only hope is lallana/ox/sturridge/sterling/barkley continue their form and given a chance, but I feel they will crumble on the mighty stage, + not to mention these lads are used to playing in cold winter away monday nights down in cardiff and southampton ffs, fat rooney will melt in rio

cavani/suarez/balotelli/insigne/destro/campbell will ride on england

suarez is aching to break ingrish hearts after this season, he will have the last laugh.
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As likely as me getting into my dream sixth form.

P.S: It's not likely...
nembhard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Jalal Uddin)
As likely as me getting into my dream sixth form.

P.S: It's not likely...
i am sure its easy to get into 6th form? why do you say that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (23)
11.98%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (16)
8.33%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (43)
22.4%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (28)
14.58%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (25)
13.02%
How can I be the best version of myself? (57)
29.69%

Watched Threads