Do you think that england has chance in world cup? Watch

nembhard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I believe that England has chance to win the world cup, but i want to hear your opinion:cute:
Josh_B
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Realistically no. I reckon we'll just about make it out of the Group but won't get any further than that.
Our squad certainly isn't world class, I personally don't think our manager is a world beater & we're also playing in Brazil where European teams don't do particularly well on the whole.
srikanthsrnvs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
nahh, being a bayern fan, i see germany having the biggest shot at the cup. Knowing spains tactics,its not gonna be too hard to shut them down given the sheer young talent in the german squad. In my opinion, england have the most veternas, but wayne for instance is largely more overrated then he should be.
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
European team has never won in South America. Even of the European teams we aren't anywhere near as good as Spain or Germany, nor Belgium or the Dutch.

England has a chance obviously, just like everyone else, but it's a very slim one.
Mattv72
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by srikanthsrnvs123)
nahh, being a bayern fan, i see germany having the biggest shot at the cup. Knowing spains tactics,its not gonna be too hard to shut them down given the sheer young talent in the german squad. In my opinion, england have the most veternas, but wayne for instance is largely more overrated then he should be.
Germany have no chance whatsoever. Firstly, a South American team is going to win, but also Germany have no striker. Klose is too old, so won't be as good as he has been in the past. Brazil have the best chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Have you seen England's first two fixtures, I don't think England will do much. I hope I'm proven wrong though.
nembhard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattv72)
Germany have no chance whatsoever. Firstly, a South American team is going to win, but also Germany have no striker. Klose is too old, so won't be as good as he has been in the past. Brazil have the best chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think germany, spain, england and brazil has a most chance then any other county till.
srikanthsrnvs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattv72)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bro, brazil have no chance. theyre team is way to controversial, i mean neymar get injured every ten minutes, and hes the only world-class player they have. Germany have the best chance, just look at their team, and if gomez makes a return from his injuries, they have about an 80% chance at the cup. youve gotta admit, their midfield is probably the best in europe, if you dont count spains scripted style of play. hopefully, poldy might make the cut to play more up front. his left foot is ****ing lethal
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If England make it out of the the group stage they will have exceeded my expectation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We may not get out of the group
Wade-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
England have no chance realistically, the team is too weak and our best player has only ever shown up at one major tournament. Germany or Spain will win it in my view and I give brazil a good chance but I think people are overhyping the importance of the conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And it starts....

Posted from TSR Mobile
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very slim chance of actually winning.

I think we might get out of the group though, I am not sure Uruguay are quite the force people are expecting.

I reckon round of 16 or quarter finals. I'd be happy enough if we go out to an actual top side, having given them a bit of a fight, rather than losing to someone unmemorable.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Portugal have a tricky group - Jerry might not even get out. I think Argentina. The Brazil team isn't all that and Spain have a tough group too.
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by srikanthsrnvs123)
Bro, brazil have no chance. theyre team is way to controversial, i mean neymar get injured every ten minutes, and hes the only world-class player they have. Germany have the best chance, just look at their team, and if gomez makes a return from his injuries, they have about an 80% chance at the cup. youve gotta admit, their midfield is probably the best in europe, if you dont count spains scripted style of play. hopefully, poldy might make the cut to play more up front. his left foot is ****ing lethal
Who Mario Gomez? He's not in the squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
srikanthsrnvs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i think Uruguay might actually snag a spot in the semis, although im rooting for germany all the way, suarez to me seems like a ****ing one man team. be it biting, cheating, or headbutting his way through, hell make sure he does what it takes. as for the brazil home advantage nonsense, look what happened to us in the champions league against real madrid, we were beaten 4-0 on our home turf at allianz. 9 times out of ten, its the team that plays that counts. not the conditions theyre playing in
srikanthsrnvs123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh crap, you're right, poldy and klose made the sqaud
still, i wouldn't underestimate klose one bit. hes our record scorer
beastblue
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No chance now that ashley cole is not going
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 4 years ago
Not really. Personally, I hope they get absolutely slaughtered so finally the media will admit this team is garbage and so are the vast majority of people in it. I also hope it finally gets rid of all the nonsense about an English manager being the answer just because he happens to be English. Imagine them losing to Costa Rica and finishing bottom
MickIAC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think if England top that group, they will go to at least the quarters. Plus, if you qualify from a strong group, you usually do well against the big teams cos you are used to playing against a tough field. Look at the 2010 group...

However, I don't think they'll win.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise