Who's your second team in this World Cup? Watch

shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Who else will you be rooting for at the World Cup?

I'm an England fan, but I've got some Spanish family so will be hoping to see Spain make it four major tournaments in a row if (when) Roy's boys get knocked out.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At the moment I'm not supporting anyone. If Riyad Mahrez makes the Algerian squad (in the provisional 30) then I'll support Algeria, and Ghana if Jeff Schlupp makes the squad (been rumoured). If not, I'll just enjoy a summer of football.
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
England.

My first team is Italy, my second was England as a child but then everyone was horrible about Italy and arrogant saying England are better so now I have an irrational hatred of England, but my boyfriend is an England fan so I have to force myself to support them. Otherwise it would be Chile.
SophF_rth
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me it's probably The Netherlands because that is my favourite country that I have visited.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
First team: Argentina. This is due to indoctrination and following their story since childhood. Plus I think they're always one of the most entertaining, and stand a chance of going to the final and possibly winning. How fitting it would be for Messi to captain them to victory, in Brazil of all places, with Maradona watching.

Second team: England. The longer they stay in the tournament, the longer the World Cup atmosphere will last. We might get a bank holiday if they win. But let's face it, it'll be a miracle if they get out of the group. They're a very mediocre team. I'm not usually patriotic about English football, but there are certain matches I can't stand watching them lose (e.g. against USA, France, Germany, Australia)

Third team: Spain. I really like their passing style of play, use of the 4-6-0 formation, and Silva and Iniesta's technical skill. They've been the most interesting team to watch in recent years because of their tactics and tici tacas. Though they might need to adapt them a bit/a lot if they want to do well this time round.

Fourth team: Japan. Everyone needs an underdog team to support. They're relatively new to football but have come leaps and bounds since hosting the World Cup. It's great to watch their strong fighting spirit which can help them hold their own against really tough opposition. I hope they cause one or two upsets.
member841230
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
Japan. Everyone needs an underdog team to support. They're relatively new to football but have come leaps and bounds since hosting the World Cup. It's great to watch their strong fighting spirit which can help them hold their own against really tough opposition. I hope they cause one or two upsets.
Me too. Japan's actually a pretty impressive side - they've been tearing up qualifying. They actually view their current squad as their best ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do well.
MrKappa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Belgium.
Oats
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
France! :france:
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've supported Brazil and the Netherlands since 98 so I'll stick with them.

I do like Germanys approach and style of play though, it reminds me of Arsenal. I also think Italy are underestimated a lot.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whoever I get in my sweepstake I'd like to see Belgium do well though.
hskjlclcn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has to be Chile, attacking football has to be admired even if its kamikaze!
Edminzodo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess it'll have to be France. I'm a tiny bit Irish as well, but mostly English and Vietnamese. I have Chinese in me, too, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
First team: Nigeria

Second Team: Any other African Teams
Dr Alcoholic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't have one, first team is italy because I'm italian. After that I'll go for any underdogs.

I would go for england because I like a lot of their players, but I couldn't stand it if england won, we'd never hear the end of it.
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The team that "parks the bus" the most.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If Mata and De Gea make the Spain squad, I'll probably back them. Otherwise it'll be Japan or Mexico. Possibly Holland considering who their manager is.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
dont really have a 2nd team, but in their groups will be routing for the under-dogs mostly..

Japan, australlia, korea, honduras, all will probably get my support whilst watching..

Japan and korea dont actually have bad groups.. fair chance at progression for each..

(if australlia progress the world may be ending though.. - chile, holland, spain.. eek)
Leather Belt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brazil because they are awesome and Neymar, also Germany.
BAWUS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can I decide at the end?
asr11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably Colombia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise