Stressed About Chemistry Exams Watch

Lostox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I've now got a week to go until my 2nd year chemistry exams start. I've done a lot of revision, but when it comes to past papers I read the question, panic and then forget what the question even means and what it relates to.

Anyone know any tips on how not to panic so much when in an exam/reading the questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EierVonSatan
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
You can reduce the amount of panicking by feeling confident that you've put the work in beforehand ad telling yourself repeatedly that you're prepared for this exam. Taking slow deep breaths when you're just preparing to start or you see something that's panicking you helps to calm my nerves. Try not to think too much about the task ahead of you and focus on the task in front of you.

One of the best pieces of advice I can give with exams is to read all of the questions first before putting pen to paper. You will subconsciously start to prepare for the later questions, this can help to prevent endlessly staring at a difficult question later and panic about the time left to do it. I used to think this was nonsense, but I've found it very effective.
Lostox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you, I had been told that before but never really thought it would work.

I've been told by lecturers that I know the material I just need to panic less when in a timed environment. Shall just have to see what happens now in the next two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1130)
79.02%
Leave (300)
20.98%

Watched Threads