The Student Room Group

No motivation to revise

Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem as me? I got excellent AS results and am predicted very high grades in all my subjects and I've always been a hard worker but after I hit Jan of this year I lost all my motivation and stopped working.

All my teachers have been concerned because I'm predicted A*s and I'm getting Ds in mocks because I don't know anything. I know I need to start revision and anxiety about my exams is making me ill but I can not bring myself to work. It's not laziness genuinely not but even when I do sit at my desk with no distractions no phone nothing else to do I can't concentrate for more than half an hour and no matter what method I use to revise anything I learn just goes into some bottomless pit in my brain and in an hour's time it's gone.

I am so stressed I am absolutely going to fail at this rate can somebody help give me suggestions/ is anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 1
Im very unmotivated too, Ive got my geog AS in 2 hours and am just chilling about to have a pizza which i think proves it. only started revising for it 2 days ago after getting a U on my mock. Ive just accepted that I'm screwed.
All is not lost. Download "How to increase motivation and tackle procrastination" - a free article - from www.keweipress.com that offers tips that you can try.

There are a few other freebies there that might help you, for example, "Exams - preparation and revising".

I hope some of this helps you to succeed.
Reply 3
A2 is in june, if you start now you can still do amazing!! you can do it.
You have the whole summer to do what you want and you don't want to be feeling ' i could have done better'
you should just try your best and everything will be okay. A positive attitude helps alot..
Don't you have uni offers to motivate you?

Quick Reply

Latest