Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone doing it today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Teya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just finished :s I always doubt myself after a French but then I get the grade that I want so... fingers crossed

How did you find it?
nerdygeek101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
are you talking about edexcel igcse french?
vikram97the3rd
Rep:
?
Yep, I wrote about 300 words for the last essay, will I be penalised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
vikram97the3rd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teya)
just finished :s I always doubt myself after a French but then I get the grade that I want so... fingers crossed

How did you find it?
I was happy with everything except for the last listening exercise

Posted from TSR Mobile
MouseyBrown
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought it wasn't too bad..........except one question on the reading and writing.<br><br>What the hell was the multiple choice with chocolate, cheese and something else? It said something like 'Je prends un dessert apres mon repas mais PAS DE FROMAGE.'<br><br>Then it only gave pictures of cheese, chocolate and something else that looked like a huge bowl of whipped cream. I just ticked the chocolate. God knows what the other thing was.<br><br><br>
Teya
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
pas de fromage is without cheese basically haha

From what I remember it was the chocolate but then again i can't remember what the third option was. They basically try to confuse you by putting a picture of cheese so if someone hears cheese they'll automatically cross it without listening to the rest of the sentence...

I'm worried about my last essay and the comprehension to be honest :/
MouseyBrown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I know it wasn't cheese, but I just wanted to be sure that that meant chocolate! Hopefully it wasn't cheesy chocolate.
Teya
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MouseyBrown)
Yeah I know it wasn't cheese, but I just wanted to be sure that that meant chocolate! Hopefully it wasn't cheesy chocolate.
with edexcel you'll never know what they'll pull out next
cchsgurl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MouseyBrown)
I thought it wasn't too bad..........except one question on the reading and writing.<br><br>What the hell was the multiple choice with chocolate, cheese and something else? It said something like 'Je prends un dessert apres mon repas mais PAS DE FROMAGE.'<br><br>Then it only gave pictures of cheese, chocolate and something else that looked like a huge bowl of whipped cream. I just ticked the chocolate. God knows what the other thing was.<br><br><br>
I've discussed this question with my two friends who get straight A*'s in French. It was saying that she ate the dessert but did NOT eat the Cheese. The thing that looked like a "huge bowl of whipped cream" was icecream. So the icecream was the dessert and what she ate, not the chocolate.
MouseyBrown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cchsgurl)
I've discussed this question with my two friends who get straight A*'s in French. It was saying that she ate the dessert but did NOT eat the Cheese. The thing that looked like a "huge bowl of whipped cream" was icecream. So the icecream was the dessert and what she ate, not the chocolate.
Pretty ****ty question. I eat chocolate for dessert all the time! Doesn't exactly test your French, rather how good you are at recognising drawings of food.

Maybe you get the mark for just avoiding the cheese.
sarahchoco
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably either would be accepted (chocolate or the ice-cream). I for one do eat chocolate for dessert...
vikram97the3rd
Rep:
?
I put the ice cream as I don't think a chocolate bar counts as a dessert, but it's debatable. I wrote over 300 words on the essay, will I be penalised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Teya
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vikram97the3rd)
I put the ice cream as I don't think a chocolate bar counts as a dessert, but it's debatable. I wrote over 300 words on the essay, will I be penalised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
you might be taken down a few marks but I don't think it will be anything major.. especially if your content is good.
When I did a mock my teacher removed a few marks because I had written too much for the small essay but I don't know if it's going to matter :/

Can't wait till august to find out how I did -.-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (17)
47.22%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
36.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise