Cramming.. Watch

Amethysst
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is this forum unusual or is it just me??
On here people seem to revise MONTHS in advance and do so much a day..
All the people i know (we are talking AAAA students) For AS have only done like 1 week revision, and they are going to do fine
:confused: i did 2 days revision for Mocks and got straight A's but now im stressing out
I have my History as level on wednesday, and ive completely covered 50% of it and feel super confident, but the other 50% i havent made notes:eek: so im going to cram all day tomorrow.. i should do ok though..

So is this forum unusual? i know most people on here are going for A*AA etc, but so are the people i know and so am i :s

I wish i could revise weeks/months in advance

Maybe its because i do all essay subjects.. and ive done work throughout the year
since the first day in September i've reworte all my notes, made mindmaps, made revision sheets going along, so maybe thats why i havent had to revise much as i have all the things ready and remember it? whilst some people have to do months as they haven't done this going along
idk
Munchee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel you bro... I am doing my A2 this year. My mate started studying soon as our AS finished, literally threw herself at her books, she did the same for AS and got the highest marks in our entire year. She even got a special award for it. Even now she gets like 100 out of 100 for all papers, and she doesn't study just edexcel syllabi, she does anything and everything related to our topics that she could get her hands on.

It was scary

I on the other hand cram like a whore...its the only method that works for me. I studied for my AS only like 2 weeks before the exams, and through the exam period, and I actually got straight As. Unlike so many others who studied months in advance, and didn't manage to hit the mark. So I was pretty proud of myself.

I try study in advance but it just doesn't work for me. I think it is actually the best way to study, but no matter how hard I try I cannot remember anything I study if I am doing it like a month is advance. My study period is like a week before the test.

No I don't panic, but yeah I get stressed, but wow I don't know how to explain it...its like the stress, that I feel with the approaching deadline or whatever is my drug that actually helps me study.

And guess what most people say that cramming doesn't help, and you'd just forget what you crammed. I guess that depends on the person, cramming does wonders for me, and I actually remember the content longer if I cram...

So you are not alone here.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I did A Levels for me it was all about the module tbh. For some I had to prepare months in advance as they were big! Others learnt via cramming

May have also done this in my degree so far :mmm:
Quivai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amethysst)

Maybe its because i do all essay subjects.. and ive done work throughout the year
since the first day in September i've reworte all my notes, made mindmaps, made revision sheets going along, so maybe thats why i havent had to revise much as i have all the things ready and remember it? whilst some people have to do months as they haven't done this going along
idk
Sounds like you've been revising weeks/months in advance without realizing. When people say they spend months revising beforehand, what they actually mean is that they make sure they have learnt all the material and that they haven't forgotten much. The methods for achieving this can vary between person to person and subject to subject, but the overall objective is the same.

As a result, once exam time comes, they only need to put in a minimum amount of revision and they'll be raking in the grades.
Amethysst
Rep:
?
Well my RS exam went amazing, lets hope History goes good
Amethysst
Rep:
?
And the 3 day Cramming for History begins
thankfully its source skills so only need my own knowledge for 1 question
tammie123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this forum unusual or is it just me??
On here people seem to revise MONTHS in advance and do so much a day..
All the people i know (we are talking AAAA students) For AS have only done like 1 week revision, and they are going to do fine
:confused: i did 2 days revision for Mocks and got straight A's but now im stressing out
I have my History as level on wednesday, and ive completely covered 50% of it and feel super confident, but the other 50% i havent made notes:eek: so im going to cram all day tomorrow.. i should do ok though..

So is this forum unusual? i know most people on here are going for A*AA etc, but so are the people i know and so am i :s

idk
I make all my notes well in advance (well I start well in advance but most of it gets done a week before my exam), and I tend to memorise 1 or 2 days before and often do all nighters and it's worked for me so far. But to be honest it's stressful so I regret it every time but never seem to learn my lesson
Amethysst
Rep:
?
(Original post by tammie123)
I make all my notes well in advance (well I start well in advance but most of it gets done a week before my exam), and I tend to memorise 1 or 2 days before and often do all nighters and it's worked for me so far. But to be honest it's stressful so I regret it every time but never seem to learn my lesson
I promise I'll change for A2!
though if all my exams do go well, it just shows doing work throughout the year is the best method really.. and theres no need to do 8 hours per day if you've actually summarised going a long
tammie123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I promise I'll change for A2!
though if all my exams do go well, it just shows doing work throughout the year is the best method really.. and theres no need to do 8 hours per day if you've actually summarised going a long
That's what I told myself too

But then again my long term memories pretty rubbish so I know I'd probably end up forgetting everything near exam period, so I'll probably space out my revision a bit more but still do most of it in the month before exams to be honest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?