Applying for a government loan - Mature Student... Watch

kittywack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Am I eligible for a government loan? I am desperate to start a 3 year, full-time Foundation Degree next September so I can qualify to be a veterinary nurse. It has taken me 32 years to decide what I really want to do in life but I am concerned that because I started a degree course in Geology when I was 19 (self Funded), I may not be eligible for a loan now - even though I did not complete the original degree course? I completed the 1st year only and then dropped out as I realised the course was not what I wanted to do. I would REALLY appreciate any advice on this. Many thanks Laura
Tim TIC
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As far as I'm aware, there's a years leeway with funding, anyway, but if you funded it yourself (tuition fees etc) then you should still be entitled to a student loan in its entirety. I think there's a forum on here that Student Finance England contributes to so it might be worth posting this there for clarity.

EDIT: That being said, I think ​ there may be an upper age limit of 50. It's worth checking, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads