The Student Room Group

Nat 5 French Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigercat14
I put the same for that question.

Yay I'm not alone :P I just heard 'dans' and 'cuisine' and wrote it down.
Reply 21
I found the reading quite hard, and I mucked up a bit of my writing but I hope I still get 20! ahh the listening was so tough... I couldn't understand half of what Sylvie and Philippe or whoever were saying
Original post by chippedcups
That listening was so bad :frown: But the writing was good and the reading, although a little harder than usual imo, went pretty well too. With predicted full marks in my speaking, I'm really hoping for an A.

I think the audio was pretty bad. She sounded drunk :tongue: My French teacher was in the exam hall while the recording was playing and afterwards she agreed that it was quite hard. I didn't talk to a single person who understood it much.

For what she does in her job, for the first part I put that she served drinks but for the second part I said that she helped out in the kitchen. Does anyone know if that sounds correct? I guessed most of it tbh.

Hey ! Yeah the listening with Sylvie was awful , I think it was the recording and the amount of things you had to list rather than speed! And as to she helps out in the kitchen thats right ! I wrote that as well and also our teacher wrote down the answers and that was on it - so that should be right ! :wink:
our teacher sat and done the listening exam with us and showed us the answers afterwards so think i have 14/20 for the listening but i mucked up the reading, how do u all think youve done
Original post by jonaycarey12345
our teacher sat and done the listening exam with us and showed us the answers afterwards so think i have 14/20 for the listening but i mucked up the reading, how do u all think youve done

Yeah me too. But as for the reading I found it quite easy only some questions I didnt know how to rephrase the passage to. Like the one where it was saying why that man didnt do languages at school.
But I guess Ill be only like 5 marks away from full marks so hopefully thatlll be fine. As to writing I found the last bullet point very weird haha. Our class hasnt prepared anything for that so I made up a sentence but knowing life its with mistake so thats gonna be 18 instead 20 :/ ahh well I think I managed an A :smile: Im sure you did fine as well, it always seems like you do bad and after all you always get what you wanted haha

Can you remember the answers? :smile: Would like to see them cause I'm thinking I've only got like 6/20 atm in the listening. :frown: Should have about 28/30 in reading and 20/20 for writing hopefully though.
Reply 26
Is French Writing a job application? If so, what were the last 2 bullet points? Curious :P
Yeah I'm very curious...because they might be the same for Spanish later on! :P
Original post by _Miriam_
Yeah I'm very curious...because they might be the same for Spanish later on! :P

I think the first was something about links with French speaking countries and the second to ask about working hours.

I think I did really good on the reading and writing but I don't think I did at all well in the listening which is annoying because in the past I've always got between 18 and 20. I think I literally got 8 😔 My teacher didn't go over it with us. I was wondering, do you know what the advantages to the first person's job was? And also what annoyed Sylvie at the beginning and why it doesn't bother her now? I was unsure on those ones but kind of half-guessed/listened 😊 thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending