The Student Room Group

Student Account Overdraft Increase - Rejected?

Hi, I have a student account with Lloyds TSB which I've had for 6 months. I was rejected for an increase today because my student loan doesn't go into my student account, it goes into my normal account, because that's the only one I had at the time of starting Uni.
I have absolutely zero money, already had 4 short term loans off the uni and my parents can't help. What I'd like to know is, is there any point going back to a different branch and asking if they can do something? It's not as if it's a "computer says no scenario" as the woman who saw me today was on the phone to her superior. So would it be worth trying again?
Good for the bank.
You don't comply with the T&cs, so you don't get the perks.
Original post by ShallowDolphin
Hi, I have a student account with Lloyds TSB which I've had for 6 months. I was rejected for an increase today because my student loan doesn't go into my student account, it goes into my normal account, because that's the only one I had at the time of starting Uni.
I have absolutely zero money, already had 4 short term loans off the uni and my parents can't help. What I'd like to know is, is there any point going back to a different branch and asking if they can do something? It's not as if it's a "computer says no scenario" as the woman who saw me today was on the phone to her superior. So would it be worth trying again?

it is, the main criteria for getting an overdraft in a student account is that you use it as your main account and pay lots of money into it. This is the same with any bank. You need to divert your student finance payments into your student account and try again in a couple of months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending