billymccreith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just wondering what people thought of the exam? I thought it was okay but that the E questions were somewhat ambiguous and hard to argue for and against. I'm a bit gutted that I forgot some good arguments, especially that God gave us freedom of choice for the E question 'It is wrong to change religion.'
Hannah97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah i thought the E were strange so I ended up answering on the topics i didn't think i would so hadn't prepared to the same level I hope it doesn't reflect my marks too much
LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I too completely forgot free will in that question..
I agree with your point on the e questions-but found that some were worse than others!
I really struggled with the 'marriages are more likely to last if the couple share a faith question' but apart from that found the paper ok-not too hard or too easy.

I adored the d question on war-The Just War Theory has a special place in my heart! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
billymccreith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hannah97)
yeah i thought the E were strange so I ended up answering on the topics i didn't think i would so hadn't prepared to the same level I hope it doesn't reflect my marks too much
Ah no that sucks, sorry to hear that! I think other than the E questions, the paper wasn't too bad. I was disappointed that Animal Rights didn't come up, revised hard for it
billymccreith
Rep:
?
(Original post by LamantChenille)
I too completely forgot free will in that question..
I agree with your point on the e questions-but found that some were worse than others!
I really struggled with the 'marriages are more likely to last if the couple share a faith question' but apart from that found the paper ok-not too hard or too easy.

I adored the d question on war-The Just War Theory has a special place in my heart! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I enjoyed writing about Holy War and Just War in response to that D! I didn't do the marriage section because we were taught the other 2 units so I instead answered 'Religion cannot help the poor' Discuss blahblahblah..

The paper itself wasn't too bad.. Some people were delighted whereas others were leaving the hall in bits! Someone actually did all 3 questions so 15 questions overall per paper.. 30 questions overall.. Wonder how long her E questions were!
Kirankhalsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Was just wondering for the D question about Christian beliefs about war.. Did u have to mention just war to get 6 marks? Cuz I referred to the bible and how violence is discouraged linking to war instead?

Also.. How many marks can I get for the E question if I didn't have a conclusion and "against" argument
billymccreith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kirankhalsa)
Was just wondering for the D question about Christian beliefs about war.. Did u have to mention just war to get 6 marks? Cuz I referred to the bible and how violence is discouraged linking to war instead?

Also.. How many marks can I get for the E question if I didn't have a conclusion and "against" argument
D question should include some Christian belief as well as Just War and Holy War. It is discouraged and should be a last resort.

E question with no against argument and conclusion/viewpoint will probably realistically only get you about half marks but I'm no examiner!
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by billymccreith)
Yes, I enjoyed writing about Holy War and Just War in response to that D! I didn't do the marriage section because we were taught the other 2 units so I instead answered 'Religion cannot help the poor' Discuss blahblahblah..

The paper itself wasn't too bad.. Some people were delighted whereas others were leaving the hall in bits! Someone actually did all 3 questions so 15 questions overall per paper.. 30 questions overall.. Wonder how long her E questions were!
Oh! My school teach us all three so we have a choice-which I think I prefer; I didn't like the look of the media or poverty questions..!

I thought that they would only mark the first two you completed, so surely doing three is a waste if your time..?
I dread to think what length my answers would be if I did all three!

Posted from TSR Mobile
billymccreith
Rep:
?
Oh! My school teach us all three so we have a choice-which I think I prefer; I didn't like the look of the media or poverty questions..!

I thought that they would only mark the first two you completed, so surely doing three is a waste if your time..?
I dread to think what length my answers would be if I did all three!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly, she's blonde.. she messed up big time
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Exactly, she's blonde.. she messed up big time
Uh oh..
That's not going to end well..

Posted from TSR Mobile
billymccreith
Rep:
?
Uh oh..
That's not going to end well..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel for her but we have done mocks and it clearly states on the question paper to answer TWO questions
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel for her but we have done mocks and it clearly states on the question paper to answer TWO questions
This is true! By this stage, I feel as though the format of the exam has been drilled into my brain..!
At least she might be able to make up some marks in Philisophy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
billymccreith
Rep:
?
This is true! By this stage, I feel as though the format of the exam has been drilled into my brain..!
At least she might be able to make up some marks in Philisophy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I hope so for her sake!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (8)
32%
I really love the subject (10)
40%