Studying Medicine in USA Watch

emilieesmithh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently doing A-Levels and I am aiming to study medicine, I would like to do this in America but I don't know how to go about the application process and also I would like to know information on student accommodation and student finances.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks!
pbunny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emilieesmithh)
I am currently doing A-Levels and I am aiming to study medicine, I would like to do this in America but I don't know how to go about the application process and also I would like to know information on student accommodation and student finances.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks!
First of all, medicine isn't an undergraduate course in the US it's a graduate course. Second of all the chances of you being accepted (to medical school that is) are slim to none as most US medical schools don't accept international students. If your still interested, read on:

-To get into medical school in the US you need to get a bachelors degree and your also required to complete pre-med classes (chemistry, biology, physics, calculus, organic chemistry etc)
-You also need clinical volunteering work, general volunteering, as well as other extracurriculars

Can't give you any insight on student accomidation but what i can tell you about student finances. To get financial aid you have only 2 options

1)Apply to need blind schools such as Harvard, Amherst etc.
2) Get scholarships

A word of advice would be to apply to medicine courses in your country as it will make the process a lot easier or you could apply to medicine courses in Australia/UK as they are offered at the undergraduate level.

Hope i helped!
Ucan'tseeme
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
True that! Most of the UK universities are world best and the admission procedure is easier for us to understand!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1331)
79.65%
Leave (340)
20.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise