A2 Media Studies - Mediation (OCR) Watch

ollie96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’m just doing some revision, and wanted to quickly sum up mediation. This is what i have so far…

Mediation is the process of selection to present a theory or ideology. It’s the choices that are made to edit a piece of media to represent the underlying views of the corporation. The finish product has a message it wishes to tell its audience, and this is portrayed by the information shown.

For example, the coverage of the Brighton riots, involving a group of Mods and Rockers, produced sensationalized media reports, which demonized young people. “Wild ones invade seaside” and “battle of Britain” were headlines of national newspapers. Their exaggerated and dramatized reports led to the demonization of young people. This was caused by the process the editors went through to select their footage/information to convey the mods and rockers as violent and abusive.

Is there anything that’s inaccurate, or anything i need to add?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1385)
79.55%
Leave (356)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed