GCSE Edexcel Geography B- how's everyone feeling? Watch

Bigbarlow180
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How's everyone feeling for the Unit 1 exam tomorrow? I'm feeling quite nervous, but i'm sure it will go fine. What does everyone think will come up? I think we'll have lots of case study questions which will form the main bulk of the test. What do you think?
MrMBrown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, it's probably best to just go in with a load of case studies in your head in preperation.
TartarusEnosa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did people find the exam?
It was ridiculously hard for me.

Harder than any of the past papers I've done.
zenithonyou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMBrown)
Yeah, it's probably best to just go in with a load of case studies in your head in preperation.
From what I've experienced today, this was a bad advice. They'll probably ask for case studies on the Human paper.
zenithonyou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TartarusEnosa)
How did people find the exam?
It was ridiculously hard for me.

Harder than any of the past papers I've done.
plus no many case studies! and i spent most of my time memorising all of them (kinda useless)
fabxtanya
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i know right i was shocked that they ask definions like precipitation. who knew that they would ask you to describe stack. odd to me
TartarusEnosa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zenithonyou)
plus no many case studies! and i spent most of my time memorising all of them (kinda useless)
Yeah, me too. But I wasn't gonna let the do me over like that so I tried to shove in some case studies where I thought they were relevant.
zenithonyou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TartarusEnosa)
Yeah, me too. But I wasn't gonna let the do me over like that so I tried to shove in some case studies where I thought they were relevant.
Haha, that's what I actually did too. I had 5 minutes and then I basically added a case study appropriate for the given Q, just in case they need one. Nice one!
Sheppie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What did people put for the explanation of how the UK climate will change!
yasmin2598
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Majority of my class found it ridiculously hard and struggled to put enough information down for 6/8 markers as they were so specific and content limited. Hopefully the boundaries will be low due to people all over the country struggling in the exam.
Arctic_Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sheppie)
I wrote stuff like less rainfall because North Atlantic current is likely to move (lower sea temp = less evaporation and precipitation), more stormy weather, longer warmer summers, shorter colder winters etc
James9072
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sheppie)
What I didn't have that question
Nerdypants98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank God I'm not the only one! I found that test horrible: I literally made up false but convincing information and put it in my six markers. And yeah , I spent the whole of yesterday memorizing so many case studies and not even one! I feel like I guessed the whole test.
(Original post by yasmin2598)
Hopefully the boundaries will be low due to people all over the country struggling in the exam.
This better be the case :/
TartarusEnosa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher said this was the hardest geography exam he had ever seen.
jessicasaggio
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Bigbarlow180)
How's everyone feeling for the Unit 1 exam tomorrow? I'm feeling quite nervous, but i'm sure it will go fine. What does everyone think will come up? I think we'll have lots of case study questions which will form the main bulk of the test. What do you think?
i feel quite nervous tbh, even though i know my stuff, i just have absolutely no clue whats going to come up on this paper and im worried some really hard stuff is going to come up thats going to throw us off. also, i feel worried about the fact that we have english lit and geography in the same day, im worried my brain is going to overload with information! good luck tomorrow <3
zoe2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Paper 2 predictions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (179)
80.27%
Leave (44)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed