Wjec as level psychology exam help! Watch

Theblockbuster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, this is my first post here
basically I have a psychology exam tomorrow and I struggle a little on the psychodynamic theory and therapy and also the methodology of the other approaches, has any one got help for this (wjec exams board)
RealistZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Freuds Theory of personality development
Talk about the psychosexual stages but don't go into excessive description of them you won't get any marks for them. Jus know the name of each stage and the Oedipus complex, main marks in this section come from explaining on how they influence adult personality ,fixations can result if too much or too little pleasure happens at one or more stages and say how it affects adult personality i.e too much pleasure in the oral stage will result in a person being gullible overly Optimistic and full of admiration of others. Give two of these. Also talk about ego defences say that anxieties cause harm to us and ego defences are in place to protect us give an example or two to show ur not bull****ting and explain it such as repression (pushing a memory deep into the unconscious where it is effectively forgotten)
And that's the theory
Theblockbuster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by RealistZ)
Freuds Theory of personality development
Talk about the psychosexual stages but don't go into excessive description of them you won't get any marks for them. Jus know the name of each stage and the Oedipus complex, main marks in this section come from explaining on how they influence adult personality ,fixations can result if too much or too little pleasure happens at one or more stages and say how it affects adult personality i.e too much pleasure in the oral stage will result in a person being gullible overly Optimistic and full of admiration of others. Give two of these. Also talk about ego defences say that anxieties cause harm to us and ego defences are in place to protect us give an example or two to show ur not bull****ting and explain it such as repression (pushing a memory deep into the unconscious where it is effectively forgotten)
And that's the theory
Thanks a lot, it didn't come up in the test but I did remember it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1583)
79.31%
Leave (413)
20.69%

Watched Threads