The Student Room Group

CCEA C4 Mathematics - 22nd May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Matt857
did anyone else get -1/2 ln(5-x) - 3/2 ln(x+1) for q1?

Yeah I got that
I got the same answers as above for question 3 and 5 also, I just posted some of my answers for other ones as well, not sure if they're right or not!

3) ab - 4i +9j
vector equation 3i - 2j + lambda(4i + 9j) to prove it lies on the line, I got lambda = 2

4) I got 1/2pi e^2 + 2pi e - 3/2pi which people calculated out but I just prefer to leave it like that

6) r = 25 and angle = 1.29 to 3 sf
And then part 2, I got -cot(x-1.29)/625

7) composite was modulus tan x and I got my range to be from 0 to 1? And then I just plotted this graph
Reply 62
What were the grade boundaries for an A last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dammit... Got that substitution one wrong because I forgot the du/3! Any idea of how many marks I'd lose here?
Original post by Curvasud14
Dammit... Got that substitution one wrong because I forgot the du/3! Any idea of how many marks I'd lose here?

Possibly only two or three, it's only one line of the substitution so maybe even only one mark! If the whole methods correct you couldn't lose that many :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Tall
**** i thought by "coordinates" it meant two

it did mean 2 lol, an x coordinate and a y coordinate
What do yous think scaling will be like?
Thanks for +rep people :biggrin:
What do yous think scaling will be like?

I have no idea, but I was wondering if you knew what the average scaling is, like if I got 65+/75 in both C3 and C4 what UMS would I be likely to get? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stephen_mcgarry
I have no idea, but I was wondering if you knew what the average scaling is, like if I got 65+/75 in both C3 and C4 what UMS would I be likely to get? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no real normal scaling, it really depends on how people found it... What was the general consensus for everyone on how easy or hard it was?
There is no real normal scaling, it really depends on how people found it... What was the general consensus for everyone on how easy or hard it was?

I felt like it was a solid paper, nothing was really strange or couldn't be solved without a little work, so I'd say not too bad, and it was doable in the time, not rushed, I am average at maths, and I felt the paper went well, so I feel most people will feel that the paper went well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
7.63 pi
Reply 72
Original post by Laurenjanemillar
7.63 pi

i got this for some question
Original post by Mr Tall
i got this for some question

This is the answer to the volume of the bowl question to 3 s.f. (sort of).
Reply 74
Original post by GingerCodeMan

will i lose a mark for that?

also in my c3 paper when integrating 1/x i did lnx and not ln|x|... suppose il lose a mark for this :rolleyes: ?

thanks buddy

OK hi, um do you know anything about scaling? Like I said before, if I were to get 65+/75 in C3 and C4 what would my UMS be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Tall
will i lose a mark for that?

also in my c3 paper when integrating 1/x i did lnx and not ln|x|... suppose il lose a mark for this :rolleyes: ?

thanks buddy

Very often, CCEA mark schemes leave out the modulus symbols, and when you use something like wolframalpha, it usually omits them as well. I REALLY doubt they would 'take a mark off you', but I can't be sure. I suppose there's also an argument about subjectivity when determining whether a line is a bracket or a modulus sign, so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:
Original post by stephen_mcgarry
OK hi, um do you know anything about scaling? Like I said before, if I were to get 65+/75 in C3 and C4 what would my UMS be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think someone I know got 66/75 or something like that in C3 in January and that was 100 UMS, but I'm not really sure about C4. Some of my friends were complaining about the vectors question and stuff like that? Which I don't understand at all, and they were saying that the later questions were quite straightforward to them, so I really don't know if it will be scaled up a huge amount.

I've got full raw marks in every maths exam except C1, which I resat today, so it's hard for me to judge scaling, because in C1 I was scaled down the first time from 96% to 94 UMS, so they could really do anything this time round!

Sorry that I can't give more specific information
I think someone I know got 66/75 or something like that in C3 in January and that was 100 UMS, but I'm not really sure about C4. Some of my friends were complaining about the vectors question and stuff like that? Which I don't understand at all, and they were saying that the later questions were quite straightforward to them, so I really don't know if it will be scaled up a huge amount.

I've got full raw marks in every maths exam except C1, which I resat today, so it's hard for me to judge scaling, because in C1 I was scaled down the first time from 96% to 94 UMS, so they could really do anything this time round!

Sorry that I can't give more specific information

Oh great I hope it's not scaled down :O C3 and C4 have been my best exams, and if I do well in both I could get an A* the last thing I need is for them to be scaled down! Oooh

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 79
Is an A* based on Ums marks or raw marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending