AS Psychology A AQA Exam tips (May 13th 2014)

Watch
Y0NCE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The exam is tomorrow and we're all probably panicking especially me! Any tips on what could come up as a 12 marker and 8 marker?
laukni
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
'Outline and evaluate strategies for memory improvement' could be a possible 12 marker as its never come up before
Rene96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by laukni)
'Outline and evaluate strategies for memory improvement' could be a possible 12 marker as its never come up before
I really hope not because the AO2 points are scarce I think this may be an 8 marker, not a 12.
u_lovelife
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think a memory 12 marker will definitely come up as there's been so many attachment ones
Y0NCE
Rep:
?
(Original post by u_lovelife)
I think a memory 12 marker will definitely come up as there's been so many attachment ones
Yeah, thats what i think too!
vickyhunt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Looooook at the specification

it says about the working memory model including strengths and limitations, indicating this is a possible 8 or 12 marker
vickyhunt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wherever it says 'including' on the spec make sure you have a well-prepared answer
vickyhunt
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rene96)
I really hope not because the AO2 points are scarce I think this may be an 8 marker, not a 12.
memory improvement questions are more likely to be a maximum of 4 marks lol theres not really much you can say
Octopus24
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What about the cognitive interview? That's never come up before either
u_lovelife
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Octopus24)
Well the AO1 points are just explaining the 4 components and there are plenty of studies that can be used as emperical evidence or as AO2 points so it is definitely a possible 12 marker!

Apparently predictions with psychology never really work out, that's what my teachers say anyway as the papers are either quite similar to each other or very different each time
Y0NCE
Rep:
?
(Original post by Octopus24)
i doubt that would be a 12 marker, there really isn't that much you could talk about that would make it worthy of 12 marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (243)
47.09%
Take exams next summer (70)
13.57%
Change uni choice through clearing (111)
21.51%
Apply to uni next year instead (54)
10.47%
I'm not applying to university (38)
7.36%

Watched Threads