The Student Room Group

How much approx would it cost in YOUR car to travel 380 miles ?

I put £60 in my car and this time around I got about 380 miles from it. usually it's much less. this is from a 13 yr old astra 1.6

how much do you think it'd coast you to travel as far in your car ?
go........................
EDIT: to add, my car is petrol
~ OP
Original post by Mighty Eagle
I put £60 in my car and this time around I got about 380 miles from it. usually it's much less. this is from a 13 yr old astra 1.6

how much do you think it'd coast you to travel as far in your car ?
go........................

I'm guessing ~£80.00. Depends how I drive.
Reply 3
Depends if it is made up of my daily commute or one big journey.

Daily commute £60 sounds about right, maybe more like £70 if its a cold morning and if I wake up late. A big journey I'd hope to get that distance on £50, but I tend to sit at 60ish, my engine runs about one third less RPM at that speed compared to 70 and that makes a big difference to the MPG I get.

1999 Ford Focus 1.8 petrol.
I actually realized, I got 415 miles out of £60 petrol

regards ~ OP
Non stop I could do it on £40. Commuting/small journeys probably around £50.
Probably for around £50, motorway miles.
About £38 on LPG. Motorway miles.

Renault Scenic 1.4, X reg.
Reply 8
Probably about 60 quid if I'm hammering it around town doing deliveries. I can push it past 500 miles for that kind of money on the motorway with cruise control set to 65 though.
Probably around £70-80 if motorway miles.
Reply 10
£143.
NOK0 :smile:
Somewhere around £40 for a long run, closer to £50 for shorter distance runs. Perhaps £35 if cruising on the motorway. Thats a 2009 2l diesel Focus.
Original post by Alfissti
NOK0 :smile:

Why does it cost zero Norwegian Krone?
Original post by hessajee

Because he's being a smug bastard about the fact that he drives a Tesla :tongue:
Reply 15
Well 500 miles cost about £60-£70 so £40-£50 maybe less if I kept this side of 70

Posted from TSR Mobile
Costs me about £45 to drive up to uni (400 miles). So just under £45.
Reply 17
Original post by Nuffles
Because he's being a smug bastard about the fact that he drives a Tesla :tongue:

His name was Ernie and he drove the fastest milk cart in the west...
Original post by hessajee

Fully electric car that I only charge it at one of the superchargers that are free or at one of the ones provided by the government which is also free. Well free at point of use at least :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest