Changing course at uni at this stage Watch

This discussion is closed.
equili3rium
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Is it possible now to change the course you choose after they have given you an offer?

I have been accepted to studied mech. eng. at Bath, Bristol, Leicester, Warwick, Southampton. Somehow I have had some influence in which course I actually should take, is this possible to change to something link electrical or general engineering?

Thx for any relies.....
Big Sister
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1. Talk to a careers advisor
2. Talk to the university (you have something to offer them as well )
3. Take a chance and start uni- change course within the first 4 weeks once you have your foot in the door.
4. Go for a day of lectures at the uni or ask for a copy of last years course outline given to students.
5. Tke a year out whilr you decide.

P.s It id healthy to question what you are doing, it can help you justify your choices.
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by equili3rium)
Is it possible now to change the course you choose after they have given you an offer?

I have been accepted to studied mech. eng. at Bath, Bristol, Leicester, Warwick, Southampton. Somehow I have had some influence in which course I actually should take, is this possible to change to something link electrical or general engineering?

Thx for any relies.....
phone up your first choice and talk to the electrical/general admissions tutor, if they say yes then there is nothing to stop you swapping, if they say no try the others. if you still have no sucess(which i really doubt would happen as engineering tends to be undersubscribed) then either accept your firm in the hope of swapping after results day when everythings calmed down or pull out and apply though clearing.

there should be no need for you to take a year out.
tommyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
at a lot of universities you can actually change courses once you're there - check with an admissions person, might save you more drastic steps (such as withdrawing and re-applying later).
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by equili3rium)

Thx for any relies.....
I have applied for Law with Politics and have put down Hull as my first choice. I am still unsure if to do the dual honours as a qualifying Law degree or just straight Law. The admissions tutor has said that I can take some time to decide and that I should get back to her if I change my mind.
sashh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If the courses are similar you might find students on both courses are attending the same lectures or doing maybe 75% of the same lectures. This happens more in the first year of a degree so check this with the uni. If so it is usually easier for you to swap. Uni's don't want to lose students once they are 'on the books' so it's better for them to let you swap than have you drop out.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (261)
48.24%
No (60)
11.09%
I'm not old enough (220)
40.67%

Watched Threads