The Student Room Group

TSR World Cup Predictions Competition !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Registered as Rafa.
Reply 41
superbru username- roxysingh
Joined. little_wizard123.
Annoying that you can't change predictions once submitted. I'd prefer to 'play safe' and predict all group games and edit if I remember the day before :lol:
Reply 44
Original post by little_wizard123
Annoying that you can't change predictions once submitted. I'd prefer to 'play safe' and predict all group games and edit if I remember the day before :lol:

yeah I think the reason you can't change is because you can see everyone else's picks after you've made yours so if you could change you might go with someone else's choices?? annoying though I know :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
in.

username on the site is SciFiRory, same as here
I am not a football fan but it could make the occasional world cup match i watch more entertaining. When does this need to be done by?
Original post by Motorbiker
I am not a football fan but it could make the occasional world cup match i watch more entertaining. When does this need to be done by?

The deadline for each game is the start time.
I'm in. Superbru username: jodie1704
Original post by little_wizard123

Really? Good job you said something. I'll try and leave all of them as late as possible then. No doubt I'll probably end up missing a deadline or two.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Really? Good job you said something. I'll try and leave all of them as late as possible then. No doubt I'll probably end up missing a deadline or two.

The best time would be to wait for the line ups an hour or so before, but that's too risky. I will watch every game though so it should be possible :holmes:

Perhaps the day before covers both options well.
Reply 51
Original post by Motorbiker

By the time the first match starts ideally , although you need to have registered to join the pool a couple of days before then as I need to approve the entries to the pool :smile:

The following names have entered on Superbru but not posted their team name on here - YOU MUST POST YOUR TEAM NAME ON HERE OR I WILL NOT APPROVE YOUR ENTRY TO THE POOL ( this is to stop random non tsr members joining)

Miike - Mike Hall
Hullcitytiger - Alex Doran
Alasi4 - Loujane Alasi
What's the points system like on this picks game?
In - will register later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Aky786UK
What's the points system like on this picks game?

http://www.superbru.com/worldcup/how_to_play_scoring.php

A bit more complicated than the Premier League game :tongue:
This 'closeness index' means even if you predict the right score but to the wrong team, you still get full marks for it, right?
If you, like me, you're going to get everything right then we don't have to worry our pretty little heads about "closeness".
Reply 57
I want to join :smile:

My username is McRite for SuperBru.
Original post by TheMagicRat
If you, like me, you're going to get everything right then we don't have to worry our pretty little heads about "closeness".

Just been on betfair and bet a lot of money on you not winning it.
How far has everyone got with the predictions? I've done the first two rounds and might let the games begin before doing them as they come round if I remember.

Quick Reply

Latest