The Student Room Group

geography tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by liamtheeagle
I did that Geo paper too and I talked about London Docklands for one 9 marker and Nairobi for a one on land use segregation, however you may have used other case studies/places.

Do you guys have Maths tomorrow? Revising that now

Also did you have Chemistry today? I'll be happy with 90/120 in that

Oh wow I have all the same exams that you mentioned, maths shouldnt be a problem and the chem today I found really easy altho I didn't get the polymer naming and reason for non biodegradable, what did u put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently there were no case studies in the exam? :lol:
Original post by nurav11
Oh wow I have all the same exams that you mentioned, maths shouldnt be a problem and the chem today I found really easy altho I didn't get the polymer naming and reason for non biodegradable, what did u put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that Geo paper too and I talked about London Docklands for one 9 marker and Nairobi for a one on land use segregation, however you may have used other case studies/places.

Original post by AwesomeLizzie
Oh yeah... That kind of rings a bell. That really confused me too. Anyway, good look for your results, lets hope the grade boundaries will just be really low :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you guys say for the first rivers 9 marker?

Ps: Mods are we allowed to talk about it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AwesomeLizzie
Haha same! I'm pretty sure I completely failed all the 6 mark questions in the fieldwork which said something like "what conclusions can to draw from the data in Figure 9B?" What did you even put for those kind of questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Figure 9B was economic activity and energy fieldwork, the one about the questionnaire and different energy sources for the future.
For the 6 mark question i just explained about the results and came to a conclusion. Don't know if that's how you answer such question but well yeah that's what i did. hope it's right.
How did people answer the 6 mark question in fragile environments, the one with the pie chart??
Reply 65
Original post by So...I failed
Did anyone do the geography exam today on theme 1 and theme 2 for AQA? I completely failed... There were six mark questions which we have never practised before, so we didn't know how much we needed to write or how to structure it. Then the case study on retail came up and we have never even learnt that, so that was also a fail. Then, the last case study question on river management...I wrote about litter -.- So...I failed.
Then why are you at all bothered about doing well in STEP? Focus on your gcses and not a level/step maths. kthanxbye

I've got Math tomorrow! which is not a problem at all :biggrin:. Also got ICT practical paper tomorrow don't know how that is going to go? :afraid::confused:
I found the chemistry paper cheap, I'm expecting something above 100/120.
Original post by D_Vadgama
I've got Math tomorrow! which is not a problem at all :biggrin:. Also got ICT practical paper tomorrow don't know how that is going to go? :afraid::confused:
I found the chemistry paper cheap, I'm expecting something above 100/120.

Yeah the Chemistry was quite calm, but I think I made quite a few stupid mistakes, I can think of around 20 marks I've probably lost. Anything over 70% (A?) I'll be delighted with, but it may be more like 60-65...

Maths is becoming easier for me, but I don't think I'll get an A*, probably around 65-70%
Original post by AMYC1999
Apparently there were no case studies in the exam? :lol:

I know... After I religiously learned about 40 pages of completely facts on case studies. I just nattered on about case studies in some of the 9 mark and 6 mark questions anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did people answer the 6 mark question in fragile environments, the one with the pie chart??

I just talked about different global warming theories such as solar flares, natural fluctuations in the Earth's climate, and then I also talked about why LICs, MICs and HICs have different opinions about global warming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Figure 9B was economic activity and energy fieldwork, the one about the questionnaire and different energy sources for the future.
For the 6 mark question i just explained about the results and came to a conclusion. Don't know if that's how you answer such question but well yeah that's what i did. hope it's right.

That's pretty much what I did, apart from I gave a conclusion at the start and then explained it... Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
What did you guys say for the first rivers 9 marker?

Ps: Mods are we allowed to talk about it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just rambled about how LICs have less restrictions than HICs about dumping in rivers, and there is also less of an effort in HICs to prevent pollution by industry etc.

And then I suddenly realised it probably wanted why the water quality in rivers varies along the course of a river, so then I started rambling on about pH, more pollution downstream, odours, and discolouring of water. To be honest, I don't really have a clue...

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is an IGCSE??
Never heard of that before
Original post by triskeats
What is an IGCSE??

International General Certificate of Secondary Education
Original post by triskeats
What is an IGCSE??

International GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by AlphaNick

yo

are you doing the religious studies exam tomorrow on religion and life issues?
[QUOTE="ibz;47588938" moe="moe"]
Original post by AlphaNick

yo

are you doing the religious studies exam tomorrow on religion and life issues?

Yes! I'm doing an RE exam tomorrow. I think I'm on Edexcel for this exam, not sure though.
Turns out none of the case studies were needed, only The Alps was needed on the AQA geography A exam, I knew that one before anyway, BUT I ACTUALLY MEMORISED EVERYTHING ON THAT DAY:angry::mad::frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
any predictions for the human paper?

Quick Reply

Latest