Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS Geography Unit 2 May 16th watch

ReputationRep:
    Thread #2 for the AS Geography Edexcel exam.

Are you prepared?

ReputationRep:
    I need literally 100% in this...

I am doing Rebranding and Coasts

Very hard questions, I am expecting because of the Unit 1 ****ery

ReputationRep:
    What units are you doing? I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hody421)

Same. I'm not prepared at all.

I got another exam on Wed aswell so it justs adds stress..

ReputationRep:

what would you say is the best way to revise for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyitsgeorgie)

Mark schemes and examiner reports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyitsgeorgie)
    Write A LOT

Prepare 15 mark essays - especially if you're doing rebranding.

This exam is going to be much harder

ReputationRep:
    same here! need to get good in this esp after that unit 1

ReputationRep:
    the exam today was ok I thought but literally I am not prepared for this one. I mean we had a student teacher who got fired and our unit 1 teacher has done like 4 cramming sessions with us, before which we didn't know what a barometer is and tbh im not sure if I can even remember now aha. im doing extreme weather and rebranding (which I like) but not extreme weather I had to teach myself depressions, air masses, jet stream etc!! if anyone has any advice plz help lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tforce)
    What units are you doing? I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding places.
    Yeah same

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing rebranding and coasts but I'm confident that if I learn the case studies I might even do decently (wow such the optimist)

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed for unit 2, and dreading it after this exam. Edexcel are horrible. Expect the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel just always find the way to ask the trickiest question that you didn't expect

ReputationRep:

dude, surely the unit 2 will be easier to compensate for the unit 1 being hard?
    why would it been even worse?

ReputationRep:

Same here. Unit 1 screwed me pretty hard. I was so busy on Section B I ran out of time for A....... and lost out 3, 4-5 mark questions. I am done with Geography.

Oh and someone murder Edexcel for this. I see that it's no longer about knowledge but figuring out stupid tricky questions and examiner's petty mood of whether he feels like taking away the mark for that apostrophe you have missed out on a single word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAPTUT)
    dude, surely the unit 2 will be easier to compensate for the unit 1 being hard?
    why would it been even worse?
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Docum...01306%20v4.pdf

The grade boundary for last year was so low

They better lower it this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomisteinxx)
    I'm so screwed for unit 2, and dreading it after this exam. Edexcel are horrible. Expect the worst.
    same I'm literally dreading it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenjKl)
    Same here. Unit 1 screwed me pretty hard. I was so busy on Section B I ran out of time for A....... and lost out 3, 4-5 mark questions. I am done with Geography.

Oh and someone murder Edexcel for this. I see that it's no longer about knowledge but figuring out stupid tricky questions and examiner's petty mood of whether he feels like taking away the mark for that apostrophe you have missed out on a single word.
    EXACTLY. That's the point I'm always trying to get across. It's not about knowledge anymore its more about fking english literature. Reading between ****ty lines and asking tricky questions which when you answer won't even probably be in the mark scheme :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    EXACTLY. That's the point I'm always trying to get across. It's not about knowledge anymore its more about fking english literature. Reading between ****ty lines and asking tricky questions which when you answer won't even probably be in the mark scheme :/
    I strongly suspect this has something to do with our dear Secretary of State for Education trying to 'raise standards'. I'm expecting the grade boundaries to be higher, purely because of his incessant meddling with the system. The way I see it - plan for the worst, but pray for the best. Here's hoping common sense prevails and they lower the boundaries though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Causton97)
    I strongly suspect this has something to do with our dear Secretary of State for Education trying to 'raise standards'. I'm expecting the grade boundaries to be higher, purely because of his incessant meddling with the system. The way I see it - plan for the worst, but pray for the best. Here's hoping common sense prevails and they lower the boundaries though.
    Common sense for the education system? Ha. But hopefully you're right. Hopefully they lower the boundaries otherwise I'm sure a lot of people would just fail :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2014
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.